• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper control arms?

Kilted XJer

NAXJA Forum User
Ok... I know I'm retarded, but I didn't realize that I even had upper control arms until today. I lifted my last xj and didn't notice they were there. I've since bought a new xj that already had a 3" lift. I'm going to do a 2" bb in a few days to bring me up to 5". I was going to replace the LCAs because it currently has stock length, but now I'm wondering... should I replace lower and upper? Money is an issue... Should I even replace either set of CAs now? I've know people who ran 5 and even 6 inches without replacing the stock CAs.

-Jeff

It's a good idea to change the uppers, but not necessary. You should get adjustable lowers so you can adjust the pinion angle. Sure, you can run with 6" of lift and stock arms.........you can also run with 35's and stock gears. Neither is a good idea.

Back