• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UNEMPLOYED

Sniggs

NAXJA Forum User
Well - I "sort of" saw this coming. Company is done - What sucks is they laid BOTH my wife and I off. :shocked:

so... know anyone that needs an IT and/or Phone guy?

30 years in this industry - maybe a career change.... :read: :geek:

That sucks Mark. Great time for a career change.

Maybe the new host of Dirty Jobs. ;)

When you called earlier, Mark, you sounded the happiest I've heard you since we met. :D

I'm still keeping my eyes open outward, too...

I work for Prestige Communications, I just started and I know they're hiring. They do most of their work up north in Seattle, Burien, Seatac and such. The company I just left American Systems is also hiring. mostly work out in Kitsap County and McChord. There's also Prince Telcom, Western, and um....I think that's all I know. OOH! Interwest in Tukwila might be a good place to try. Good luck.

Sorry to hear that Mark, it must be an epidemic. Everyone I know seems to either want to, or have to change professions right know. I'm sure something will present itself soon enough. I'm still holding out for my dream job testing tazers on hippies.

Don't have any career suggestions, but since it was involuntary, you both rate unemployment, and it could tide you over until you get new jobs. If you made a decent amount the past 4 quarters, you can get up to 495 a week. (go2ui.com 1800-318-6022) Then opt to have taxes pulled out(10%) and you'll end up with 450 each, a week. You have to keep track of your job searches, but that's not hard(3 documented seaches a week). If you already knew about this, sorry for wasting your time :)

Not a waste of time at all - thank you. :wave1:

adamusmc2002 said:
Don't have any career suggestions, but since it was involuntary, you both rate unemployment, and it could tide you over until you get new jobs. If you made a decent amount the past 4 quarters, you can get up to 495 a week. (go2ui.com 1800-318-6022) Then opt to have taxes pulled out(10%) and you'll end up with 450 each, a week. You have to keep track of your job searches, but that's not hard(3 documented seaches a week). If you already knew about this, sorry for wasting your time :)

Cool, yeah, i've become an expert of the unemployment system, so I thought I'd pass on the knowledge and hopefully help you out if you end up not getting a new job right away. Good luck with your job search.

The company I work for is always hiring for techs. And if you know what device manager is then you are more qualified than %90 of the asshats we hire PM if interested. it's in Kirkland if you were interested.

Wanna drive a truck??:spin1:

I can guarantee you 14 hr night/snow runs and 10 hours off each day..:wow:

As far as "what- do -I -want- to- do -now", I started driving trucks 32 years ago just until something better comes along.

Howard, what is janitor pay now???

CoolCal said:
Wanna drive a truck??:spin1:

I can guarantee you 14 hr night/snow runs and 10 hours off each day..:wow:

As far as "what- do -I -want- to- do -now", I started driving trucks 32 years ago just until something better comes along.

Howard, what is janitor pay now???
I don`t know what they get,I could look it up in the contract,Why you interested :laugh:

Sniggs said:
Well - I "sort of" saw this coming. Company is done - What sucks is they laid BOTH my wife and I off. :shocked:

so... know anyone that needs an IT and/or Phone guy?

30 years in this industry - maybe a career change.... :read: :geek:

Prestige Communications out of Auburn is hiring for a Project Manager. I figure with 30 yrs in the business, it'd be something worth your while. At least you wouldn't be pulling cable and crawling up in ceilings. Leads make 17-24/hr, foremen from 24-28/hr. I figure a project manager is up in the 60-80k salary. Free medical, company truck (take home), most -if not all- work is in King County. I know I mentioned it, but I didn't really give any details. Good luck with everything.

mud1059 said:
Prestige Communications out of Auburn is hiring for a Project Manager. I figure with 30 yrs in the business, it'd be something worth your while. At least you wouldn't be pulling cable and crawling up in ceilings. Leads make 17-24/hr, foremen from 24-28/hr. I figure a project manager is up in the 60-80k salary. Free medical, company truck (take home), most -if not all- work is in King County. I know I mentioned it, but I didn't really give any details. Good luck with everything.
Thanks, Paul. Now you have piqued my curiosity! :wave:

I'm looking for a web page.... edit: got it!! :)

hmm... looks like they pulled it from Career builders though... :|

Last edited:
Back