NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 18:50
NAXJA Forum User

1990 Electric seat wiring harness????

Hi,

So, I have a 90 with manual seats, but I have a nice pair of leather electric seats out of a 90 Limited. I wanted to switch them, but when I removed the old seats, there was no wires!!! Surprise!!

SO , I pulled out my parts CD and it appears that there is a wire harness that feeds the seats. I did find a empty wire connector that comes out of the console and goes under the carpet, I assume that is where this mystery wire harness gets it's power from, but I could be wrong!!!!

Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to make this happen? Anyone have a wire harness from a donor? I looked today at a wrecker, the only one with electric seats, some one had already beat me to it. Anyone think I should avoid electric seats? I usually don't do much adjusting, so I am not to concerned about multiple drivers.......

Thanks in advance!!

Bob
Old February 2nd, 2007, 20:20
twitter.com/cmchadwick

Re: 1990 Electric seat wiring harness????

run new wires for it.....just tap a 12volt source or run new wires from the battery.. make sure to install a fuse I am not sure the amps.