• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Console Bracket

Frank Z said:
I tried the stealership yesterday and was told they are no longer available.

They only say that when they don't want to look it up or order from the central parts depot. allchryslerparts will get it for you.

Tim_MN said:
www.allchryslerparts.com - part number 55352518 - Console - Overhead console - Console housing - Bracket 1997 - 2001.

$5.46 + US mail postage.

I'll second these guys; I've ordered from them on a number of occasions and their prices and service are excellent. Matter of fact, the injector insulators I ordered from them per this thread just turned up yesterday. $29 for all six, shipped.

I would order over making it, the bracket holds the back of the OHC with a pressure fit, for $5-10 save the headache. And I have one and no-offense its a PIA to drop it down to measure it, at least in mine but I added it and it fits a little snug.

Frank Z said:
Yes. I understand that I can buy it from an online source. I was simply asking if anyone had the dimensions handy so I can build my own.

Nobody is yanking your chain. The bracket is a highly detailed stamping that would cost you over $500. to prototype one piece on the CNC machines at shop I work in.

Good Luck.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
A bracket from any XJ/ZJ or Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth van or car w/the overhead will work. Make sure the headliner is firm otherwise it will rattle on ya.

Zoro said:
A bracket from any XJ/ZJ or Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth van or car w/the overhead will work. Make sure the headliner is firm otherwise it will rattle on ya.
ZJ brackets are slightly different. The 'hooks' only slighty engage the 'ears' on the console and tend to come loose allowing the console to flop around, as you put it.

ZJ left, XJ right. Notice the location of the hooks in regards to the cross beam ceiling support.
brackets.jpg

Jeepzz - Do both brackets work with either ZJ/XJ/Mini van console? If so, you say the ZJ one only slightly engages, does that mean the ZJ bracket is better?

Back