• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

December 30th Snow Run to Jack's Pass

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry, Had to move this run from the 17th, to the 30th due to conflicting obligations.

So, I am planning on running Jack's Pass or somewhere similar (Hwy 2, West of Stevens Pass) on December 30th. I will have my wife and kids with me, and expect at least another family or two as well as anyone from here who are interested.

Same rules: Bring plenty of warm clothes and extra food. Bring sleds and plan to have fun.

Anything with 31's or larger is fine.

Michael

I will let you know after I have confirmed with the Ranger Station which roads are open and which direction we are going.

"Normally" it would be just West of Skykomish at the largest Forest Service Road (have to check a map for the number).

But either way, it should be close to Skykomish.

Michael

Hey,
I just talked to the Folks out at the Skykomish ranger station. The road to Jacks Pass is OPEN. However, it will be gated by the County in the next few months on the Skykomish side. The index side will remain open and not gated.

So, that is the current status.

Hope this helps. I'd love to come on the run too, but I'll be in Vegas partying my little buns off.

KarlVP said:
Hey,
I just talked to the Folks out at the Skykomish ranger station. The road to Jacks Pass is OPEN. However, it will be gated by the County in the next few months on the Skykomish side. The index side will remain open and not gated.

So, that is the current status.

Hope this helps. I'd love to come on the run too, but I'll be in Vegas partying my little buns off.

Thanks Karl.
Looks like we might be going in the Index side (Traditional route). But I will check again closer to time to make sure that we know what is open and closed.

Michael

I'm in. And Michael, since I have your phone number, I will CALL YOU this time if I can't make it at the last minute or some other such meowness. ;)

-i

Wouldn't miss it! I might even have my new tires by then....
santa2.gif

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
I'm actually thinking about 34x12.50 TrXus. They seem to be great in most conditions and last a long time. I can't afford to buy new tires every 10k miles like I've had to do with the SSR's. Meh, we'll see.

-----Matt-----

Cool. Good tires, IMO. Might as well go for the 35's. Keep off the skinny pedal. But you are Matt, that might be hard to do. :D

CanMan said:
Cool. Good tires, IMO. Might as well go for the 35's. Keep off the skinny pedal. But you are Matt, that might be hard to do. :D

He did manage to break his Dana 30 R&P on 33's. I don't think he can handle 35's ;) hehe.

What's your gear ratio Matt? 4.88's? Just curious.

Please refer all questions on Matt's rig to Avanteone, if you really want to know anything. :D

CanMan said:
You coming to this one?

Possibly. not sure on plans yet. Sounds like fun.

CanMan said:
It is... Don't be an ICDS, Jamezzzzzzzzzz. :D

Peer pressure? OMG what do i do?

Probably be there.

Jamez(zzzzzzz).

Back