• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hell must of frozen over

patf1234

NAXJA Forum User
My build is finally making some progress. If anyone remembers I am the guy that wanted 14 inches of lift lol. Well that idea flew the coupe and here are new plans and pics. this rig will be mostly built for mud and moderate rocks. THIS RIG WILL BE TRAIL ONLY AND TRAILERED AND NEVER TOUCH LEGAL PAVEMENT.

How it sits now:8:00am this mornin

84 Jeep Cherokee Wagoneer 4 door
Dana 44 lsd(or posi) rear, 30 up front
Stock hieght
33/12.5/15 all terrains on HURRICANES rims 15x8
4.0 straight six

How it sits now:9:49 at night

all doors removed(possible half door conversion on fronts)
front fenders removed
Top removed from c pillar back
rear quarters partially hacked off
wiring harness going to back of jeep taken out(Except for Fuel pump wires)

Plans
4.5 inch lift
Coils up front
Custom longarms
full frame stifening
3.5 inch leaves with 1.25 shackle(still flexy)
flipped rear leavs for bigger tire/longer wheelbase

Full Cage
Internal bars on upper sill(see pics)
External bars for bed area
Full tube fenders and front bumper

So this is a start and will most likely take on more items as the build porgres's.

THIS RIG IS FOR TRAIL ONLY AND WILL BE TRAILERED AND NEVER HIT LEGAL PAVEMENT. I DO NOT IMPOSE MY IDEAS UPON ANYONE AND DO NOT WARRENT ANYTHING AS ROAD SAFE. I REAPAET THIS RIG IS FOR TRAIL ONLY.

SRY WILL POST PICS TOMMOROW
Plans for tommorow:

Rip dash off
Save all computers
remove more useless wiring
remove heater box
start to fab up dash and WATERPROOF electrical box
reroute snorkel through firewall and dash

Yep that's what I hear.

ItFinallyHappened.jpg

What are the plans for axles/tires/driveline etc?

And I would agree that hell has frozen over, I'm from new jersey as well and it was definitely below freezing when I left my house this morning.

patf1234 said:
No street time except for trail to trail

I was being sarcastic, but I have to ask...why does this really matter? A rig will see much more punishing treatment on any trail than it would for street driving. If it's built to not handle a trip down to the grocery store than it won't handle a trail.

Matt

Dont worry Matt i recognize sarcasm but the reason for no road time is the extreme vehicle modification laws in nj(those from jersey know what i mean) so the truck will be unable to insure, register, or inspect due to the size and the modifications to follow.

Update:
Did a little more trimming in the back exposeing rear"FRAME" rails
removed dashboard and all unwanted components
removed prvious snorkel
removed heater box and all a/c crap(compressor stayed)
started removing more wiring(pain in the ass)

No offense, but I think this thread belongs in Mod Tech, or maybe even Off-Topic until there is something to discuss that warrants placement in the Advanced Fabrication Forum. Not because what you are planning to do won't become advanced fab, but just because it simply isn't yet...

Beej said:
No offense, but I think this thread belongs in Mod Tech, or maybe even Off-Topic until there is something to discuss that warrants placement in the Advanced Fabrication Forum. Not because what you are planning to do won't become advanced fab, but just because it simply isn't yet...

I disagree, its teh most hardcore AdFab thread evah! :rolleyes:

patf1234 said:
Dont worry Matt i recognize sarcasm but the reason for no road time is the extreme vehicle modification laws in nj(those from jersey know what i mean) so the truck will be unable to insure, register, or inspect due to the size and the modifications to follow.

So what exactly is it you're looking to do, that'll put it outside the NJ laws?

I've made extensive study (and had extensive interviews) with all the state inspection people, and all the guys at the Asbury station were trained using my rig in September '05. I even went to the library and photocopied all the stuff from the NJ Administrative Code pertaining to lifted, modified, and reconstructed vehicles and carried it around in my glove box.

What part of NJ are you in?

im in pennsauken right outside of camden and about fifteen minutes from philadelphia. The things that will be done to it that r not ok in jersey are the lift and tire combo. The major removing of body parts. The fact that the truck has no title, adn the conversions of axles and any drivtrain parts. Jersey laws r not fun

Vetteboy is it possible for me to see the laws and regulations u carry with u in ur glovebox

Back