• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big long gripe

mdl

NAXJA Forum User
Remember when I sank the jeep? Well I had that tranny replaced. Got it back and i was unable to shift it out of park after a day. My battery also kept on dieing on me and my oil and temp guage didn't work on the cluster. I bring it back, they say it will only be a few days... well it took about 3 weeks and i just got it back today. They call me up and say "hey matt you owe us 800 dollars". Naturally im pissed because this went back for a REWORK not a new service order. I ask them to break down their pricing and they tell me that i had been charged 155 for a new starter, 155 for installing the starter, 90 for each of the senders for oil and temp, and a "diagnosis" fee for troubleshooting the work they allready did which is bull shit. Heres the icing on the cake. We go look at the jeep and the windshield is cracked! They think im an idiot because they say "oh we don't know how that happened" well guess what guys. The place it was cracked is where if you remove the console incorrectly it slamms into the glass. I called them out on it and they told me i didn't know what i was talking about.

I told them im not paying and they are going to give me my keys right now. They refused so i left for a few minuits and got ahold of my credit card company. They tell me if i pay for it with their card i can take my jeep back and then contest the charges. So i do, i have it back now and i am left with more and more problems as i drive it home. The acceleration is way off, its acting like a granny car. Completely unresponsive. Two of my doors just plain do not open anymore and my battery is completely dead. 3 of 6 cells gone.

I would never have brought it to a shop if i had the time to do the swap but it was when my grandfather passed away so i had other things on my mind. I should have waited and it still would have been faster than having these people doing it.. Even if i did it alone.

You cannot even understand my frusteration at this point.

/rant

Sorry to hear about the problems man. Car trouble is one of the worst headaches there is. I love cars but they are a PITA. Hope everything works out in your favor...relatively soon.

F that stealership,
you have so many problems that id hate to see the bill if they actually fixed it.
check NEOW for reccomended shops in your area.

It reminds me of the time I had a "friend" of the company get me an alignment at Sullivan Tire, I told the douche at the deck "all I want is an alignment, if its bent, broken worn out, just get it close, I dont want any parts replaced"

So you figure like $30 for a friendly alignment?
Yah well it was $560 for a totally new front end.
:finger: thanks Sullivan Tire...

Last edited:
Wasn't a stealership. Was a place dt natick. I talked to the guy today and he blamed the windshield on "vandles" and i told him thats bs. The ongoing fight continues..

Wow, that really sucks. Hope you get all your money back and get that thing fixed. See about bringing it to a different shop and submitting the bill to the original shop. Obviously they aren't gonna want to pay it though, so you'll probably end up in small claims.

What shop did you bring it to?

Berchlers Automotive. Right near caseys dt..

I'm not bringing it anywhere to fix this mess. I would rather just tackle it myself.

mdl said:
I'm not bringing it anywhere to fix this mess. I would rather just tackle it myself.
To make it easy on you to get the $ out of the CC, get the problems confirmed by another shop: they don't have to do the work, but they should give you a paper outlying the problems. Oh yeah, and don't tell them that you're doing it to get $ out of the CC, tell them you want a listing of what feels wrong cause you want to sell it and want to disclose it ot the seller ;)

mdl said:
Berchlers Automotive. Right near caseys dt..

I had a feeling it was that shop. We deal a lot with them and the owner is just a complete prick. They would have a much better business if the guy second in line there ran the business. The owner just doesn't care about anything including customer service. From what I know, the mechanics there are very good, and do real good work, but unfortunately sometimes stuff goes wrong, or the big boss man there was overseeing the work on your Jeep. I don't think I've heard any good customer service stories about them.

We had our white wrecker there a couple months ago for work. They left a few of the pins loose for the computer and the truck wouldn't stay running. We brought it back there, they fixed it, and the owner wanted to charge us another $200 for it, luckily the head mechanic stepped in and told us to take the truck and he'd take care of everything with the owner. We do all the towing for them, and he still wanted to charge us a second time, because they had a little goof up.

Good luck with everything. Hopefully you get your money back. I don't know if they are a member of the BBB, but if they are you could always report them, it can't hurt.

It just pisses me off that they wanted to charge me to fix their first screw ups.. That is in my book a rework.

Good advise kejtar. :)

Three words for you:
Better
Business
Bureau

Write a brief, legible letter to them and explain the situation in rational terms. Don't let your anger get the best of you as they are only interested in understanding the terms of the problem and not your reaction. Make sure you outline each problem and what you expect to come of it but be reasonable in your expectations.

I did this after purchasing my '96 XJ only to find that the Vehicle Speed Sensor was failing. I bought it in November; by the time my letters to the dealer and BBB started to get some reaction it was springtime and I also realized the a/c hadn't been charged. Due to the BBB pressure, the dealer gave me carte blanche to take it to any mechanic I chose to have it fixed and to have the a/c recharged/repaired and they would foot the bill.

Back