• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dang :(

mdl

NAXJA Forum User
Turned bad on the trail yesterday. We were doing great untill we tried to cross this piece of trail that had been overflowed by the lake next to it. There was all ice and stuff on the water so we sent some of the trucks with the brush guards to break it up and that worked for everyone, except when it was my turn to cross a piece of ice from the lake area had drifted over to the trail and semi hid itself so we didnt even see it.. well as i had no brush guard, and as it was 6-7" thick i hit it hard and broke my header pannel, grill, bent my bumper, cracked all my lights. I then sank n crooked toward the passenger side door and water came all in so high it filled up the passenger seating area and dumped over the center console into the drivers side. Was half way up my door... everything got soaked... plus i was stuck there so i had to sit in the cold water while we got the winch around back to pull me out. Opened the doors and it was like a waterfall for like 2 minuits.. pulled the drain plugs and left it on the trail... we returned a few hrs later to see it still draining.

Half way home from the trail which was about an hr and a half away my RPMs just suddenly jumped from 2.5 all the way up to about 5.5 and wouldent go back down for another 4 miles... happened 3 more times on the way home. After the first time the check engine light came on (which means probobly nothing anyway)...

Ive got a long long cleanup/repair ahead of me.... :mad: I really want a trail rig so i dont have to hurt my dd...'

oh yea i have the whole thing on video. Ill post as soon as i capture it :)

its a 96, the tps was dry (yesssss)

I think im going to have to go pull those codes ASAP. :D

oh quicky question, im going to remove the carpet and ruberize the floor, but should i run silicon around the bottom of the center console to keep water out of there in the future?

helix said:
its a 96, the tps was dry (yesssss)
jon_heder_napoleon_dynamite_interview_to.jpg

after mine spent the night in the water the rpms did that for a while
I took it to a tranny shop, and got an appointment to get it looked at. Apparently it was a wet electrical connector, because it started working fine on the way home, and has never given me a problem since, and that was 2 years ago.

update: I was driving home last night around 10:30 and the RPMs go waaaay up again then i stall out so i drift on over to some parking lot and try to get her goin again but no go. Couldent get anyone i know to drive an hr out to go get me some gas so i have no choice but to call and sign up for AAA. Bastards took 3 hrs to get to me because they werent sure where i was. Anyways, i get a flat bed tow back to natick try to start her again and see that my gas guage is E. It wasnt E back when i left... Anyways i fill her up and i see she has no power. We jump her and she runs perfectly. No more check engine light ether. She runs better now than she did before i brought her wheelin. I really dont understand. I notice a better throttle responce and runs MUCH softer. I really dont get what could have happened here at all... only thing i can think of is that i somhow flushed my system?

I gotta give you my cell phone number so you can call me next time that happens. Between 4 pm and 8 am I make half of the total cost of the tow, and when your poor like me, you'll get up at anytime during the night for that. Oh, and you would have only had to wait an hour to get picked up, not 3.

I went out today to pick up a toyota in Millis cause Triple A wouldn't go out of town to tow the lady because it was snowing. Triple A is useless, unless you want to wait all day and possibly until the next day for them.

anyway, hope she keeps running good. My Jeep did something like that a couple years ago and never figured it out. It's been fine ever since.

Back