• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bent trac-bar ?

NOS/86

NAXJA Forum User
guys ....

i need help ,

i'm running rusty's 6.5 short arm lift and keep bending the trac-bar . the first time it bent on the frame side where it has the bend in the bar . well i bent it back and have been running it for about 2 months with no problems . well this weekend at the flog ....i bent the trac-bar again . this time it bent on the axle side at the bend . what gives ? why is the bar bending ?

also , i talked to rusty's today about it . and there willing to help me with it even though i bought it used . they told me to check and see if anything was in a bind at full drop ....well i've been under it a few times at full drop and have seen nothing at all . any ideas ?

i'm looking into building me a trac-bar that'll survive .

I'v never heard a rusty's trackbar story that doesnt involve breakage. :)

I was under the impression that they had a good track bar setup. Besides some of the real expensive brands out there whats better then rustys?

texinteg said:
I was under the impression that they had a good track bar setup. Besides some of the real expensive brands out there whats better then rustys?

JKS makes a nice trackbar, as does RE, kevinsoffroad, there are dozens of them out there. Rusty's have problems with bending tube and broken welds. I know a couple people that have had them break on the highway, sending them all over the road (and nearly killed one guy).

Back