• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ lines ??

brokexj

NAXJA Member #1165
How much lift are Yj lines good for? After searching it seems the consensus is about 5". I am looking at about 6.5" and don't want to have to replace the lines twice if they are too short. Saw the thread on mid 90's GMC fronts (napa says about 25"), RE's are 22"'s and the YJ's are a little less than 21". I would like to find a stock replacement (as in available at NAPA). Specs be 89 4 door with 4.5 coils/ACOS/RE DB's (LA's possible..). Thanks, BTW, if there is a thread covering this already....I will be continuing to search.

i run the mid 90's GMC IFS 1/2 ton front brake lines...

work out well for me...

Raymond brake line Parnt Number:
RAY 4538620
RAY 4538621

one of them next to a 95 YJ front line - about 3" longer

Last edited:
brokexj said:
How much lift are Yj lines good for? After searching it seems the consensus is about 5". I am looking at about 6.5" and don't want to have to replace the lines twice if they are too short. Saw the thread on mid 90's GMC fronts (napa says about 25"), RE's are 22"'s and the YJ's are a little less than 21". I would like to find a stock replacement (as in available at NAPA). Specs be 89 4 door with 4.5 coils/ACOS/RE DB's (LA's possible..). Thanks, BTW, if there is a thread covering this already....I will be continuing to search.

If you relocate your hard line down behind the shock and do YJ lines, you will probably be ok for 6.5", unless your getting crazy droop. I'm sitting at 6" with the RE lines and relocated hard lines, and i get nowhere near maxing out my brake lines.

-C

Thanks for all of the info, I'm going tomorrow to NAPA to look at both the YJ and the GMC lines. Depending on what I find out, I'll have either on. I like the cost of the SS lines on pirate, but I really would rather have a readily available stock line if for some reason it needs replaced. Kind of baseless fear, but...WTHK's.

Back