• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 XJ transmission

ron768

NAXJA Forum User
Need a Aw34 auto tranny for an 88 XJ 4x4. Imm located in Fayetteville NC. Can travel to pick up within reason. This tranny has the power/comfort switch on the dash and is the 4 sp auto overdrive.

i have a 91 AW4 (185k still strong) in SE Michigan area.... same switch on the dash.... kinda far away though

I have a just rebuilt one...an 88 aw4 with dash switch, that I was gonna put into my crawler...but I found another real low mile unit Im gonna use..just spent 300.00 on it will sell for 200.00 plus shipping....I will even deliver it to PHX 300 mile round trip!.....sky harbor for free to forward aire if that will help.....total shipped should be around 250.00...for a rebuilt unit...:D and I will be in PHX do go to forward air on thursday...let me know by Morning so I can get it to them thursday...I am going anyway!

Anyone a little closer? Really need to save some money, yes, I do realize that this is a good deal as used trannys here go for about 500.00 and up.

got one

Out of an 88 limited 132,000 miles
$125
located in fredericksburg VA

This switch causes the Tranny control Computer to raise shift points and lockup points.

Up to 96 (i think) you can hook up your own switch
the factory set it to power mode.

Back