NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old July 21st, 2005, 16:58
NAXJA Forum User

FullTraction instructions

I am now the proud owner of a FT longarm kit. However I have no bolts, nuts washers or instructions to do the install. If some one could scan mail or fax me a copy I'd be very appreciative.
Thanks
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:08
NAXJA Forum User

Re: FullTraction instructions

anyone?
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:10
PostMaster General

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhitey
I am now the proud owner of a FT longarm kit. However I have no bolts, nuts washers or instructions to do the install. If some one could scan mail or fax me a copy I'd be very appreciative.
Thanks
hmmmm contact the manufacturer? I think they would have not problem sending you instructions and maybe even selling you the hardware.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:16
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejtar
hmmmm contact the manufacturer? I think they would have not problem sending you instructions and maybe even selling you the hardware.
X2
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:18
NAXJA Member #904

Did you buy the kit used?

The bolt that goes through both the lower and upper control arm brackets and sandwiches them against the "frame" rail runs about $35 each from Full-Traction. I broke one while installing the kit. I'll see if I can track down the instructions, but you could always contact FT directly...
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:25
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Nemo

The bolt that goes through both the lower and upper control arm brackets and sandwiches them against the "frame" rail runs about $35 each from Full-Traction. I broke one while installing the kit. I'll see if I can track down the instructions, but you could always contact FT directly...
Yeah I bought it used. Never been installed though. Thanks for looking.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:48
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Nemo

Its just a bolt,local hardware store 5$ tops!!
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:08
NAXJA Forum User

Alright. I made contact with Fulltraction. They won't sale just the hardware kit and were suprised I had just box #1 with the longarms. They were nice enough to email me a PDF file with the instructions. In the instructions it list the size of every bolt.

My only questions now are should I pre-drill the holes for the self-tapping bolts or just force them in. Also were can I get the high misalignment spacers 50-750608-04?

Thanks for everyones help.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 09:54
NAXJA Member #904

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx
Its just a bolt,local hardware store 5$ tops!!
You must not know which bolt I'm talking about. I went to every hardware store in our area, looked online, and went to a specialized fastener company in our area with no luck (I'm extremely resourceful when it coumes to being able to find what I'm looking for). The bolt is about 9/16 X 9.5" (if I recall) and grade 8.

As far as the mis-alignment spacers, there are plenty of off-road companies that sell them if you can get the dimensions (part number is most likely just for FT's reference). Poison Spyder comes to mind. Good Luck.

For the self tapping bolts, I drilled a hole for each bolt about 1/16" smaller than the thread diameter (there are a couple of different sizes of these self tapping bolts) and then screwed them in. Check to make sure that 1/16" is small enough to allow for a good bite, it's been a while since I installed this kit.

Last edited by Capt. Nemo; July 23rd, 2005 at 09:58.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 10:07
NAXJA Forum User

Can I use regular zinc coated self tapping bolts or do I need something special?

That 9/16" x 9.5" is looking hard to find.