NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old June 25th, 2003, 08:20
NAXJA Forum User

Adapting extended SS brake lines.

Im almost done with my project XJ, I need Extended brake lines made for me. I looked through Skyjacker and RE and all their brake lines are still to short for my application. I have this shope close to me called ORME brothers that make custom fittinings and brakelines. My question at the rear when the hard line ends there is a 'square' adapter near the frame and the axle housing then it splits into each end of the axle. how can i make my SS brake lines fit this adapter, it looks like the rubber hose is somehow pressed or crimped in this square qube am I missing something? and also my front ones, i unscrewed the rubber lines at the front and need something to attach the extened lines to the frame. since the braket that originally kept the stock lines at the frame were pressed in as well i had to cut them too. plz help me.
Old June 25th, 2003, 08:37
NAXJA Forum User

YJ Brake Line

I don't know about your question, but I do know that Stainless YJ Rear brake lines are longer than XJ's. Something like 22" vers 18". RE has them.
Old June 25th, 2003, 08:44
NAXJA Member #10

Try Inlinetube The do make stainless braided brake lines I don't see why they can't make a custom set.