• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adapting extended SS brake lines.

KarmirXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im almost done with my project XJ, I need Extended brake lines made for me. I looked through Skyjacker and RE and all their brake lines are still to short for my application. I have this shope close to me called ORME brothers that make custom fittinings and brakelines. My question at the rear when the hard line ends there is a 'square' adapter near the frame and the axle housing then it splits into each end of the axle. how can i make my SS brake lines fit this adapter, it looks like the rubber hose is somehow pressed or crimped in this square qube am I missing something? and also my front ones, i unscrewed the rubber lines at the front and need something to attach the extened lines to the frame. since the braket that originally kept the stock lines at the frame were pressed in as well i had to cut them too. plz help me.

YJ Brake Line

I don't know about your question, but I do know that Stainless YJ Rear brake lines are longer than XJ's. Something like 22" vers 18". RE has them.

Back