• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Tank Skid Plate

96xjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a Fuel Tank Skid Plate for around $50-$70 shipped. This will be for a 96 XJ. I know this isn't alot offered, but have some sympathy on a poor young soldier...help me out.

I tried the poor soldier thing before....it does'nt work.

Shipping is gonna kill any chance of you getting it so cheaply, those suckers get heavy!

Unless you're at NTC, there should be plenty of boneyards to search through...well, unless you're one of those sissy type REMF's afraid to get your hands dirty....kidding:D

Your best bet is to try the local boneyards. I've found they can range from 5.00 to 40.00 depending where you go.

Good Luck!
John
AKA SSG Ski

Hey 96 xjeeper just quick ? for ya- what are your vehicle specs, 2 or 4 door, what rear axle, transfercase, driveshaft etc do you have? what kind of lift? just wondering because i am going to be putting on my RE 1463 3.5" springs this week and im wondering how it turned out for you with 4"-Thanks-Aaron

Hey mine is a 96 Country model. I have stock D35 rear, and D30 front both open difs, my lift consists of a 3" superlift, AAL rear, and a 3/4" spacer along with the stock coil rubber spacer, the rear has a 1 3/4" shackle. I added so far a front skid, a 1" Tcase Drop, swaybar disconects and removed the rear sway bar. I am happy with it so far, although for future mods I have a Winch bumper to put on, 2" coil spacers to replace the 3/4 ones, and I will be obtaining very shortly rock rails, a rear bumper, Tcase and Fuel skids, and a winch. Then I will adress the suspension again as I want to ultimatly go up to 6", add a Slip Yoke Eliminator, trim my fenders, and put on 33's. So overall how is it working for now? Nice I'm happy with what I have but when the Jeep bug bites your in trouble, if you think in the future you may possibly want to go higher or put on bigger than 31's do it now save the money you'll spend later.

Back