NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old March 7th, 2005, 20:22
NAXJA Forum User

I Have The End All Fix For Death Wobble

after have bad DW (shaking the jelly in your eyes bad) i enbarked on the common endever of trying to solve the DW wows...after countless cheap attemps to fix it last wheeling season i decided to do it right this winter....i relaced everything and in the process i emptied every pocket.....rims, tires, Rustys adj. trackbar, RE drop brackets, rustys YJ design steering conv., rebuilt dana 30 (ball joints, bearings, seals), 2 HD steering stablizers, shocks....and on and on.....the only things i kept were some of the bolts but most of them got replaced in the build... and the pitman arm stayed....and after all that time and money i am proud to say no DW....i still have a little over steer but after an alignment i am sure that will fix itself...so anyone struggling with DW like i was....let me put an end to all the post....if it has mud on it.. replace it, if it was on the jeep from the factory.. replace it, if someone sells a better one.. replace it......get my thinking yet....
i am drive a 91..4.0...30/8.25...on 6 inches and allot of new parts with no mud on them......haha
Old March 7th, 2005, 20:26
NAXJA Forum User

Re: I Have The End All Fix For Death Wobble

Congratulations....

Now your CA bushings are gonna act up.....Now go get them new parts muddy.

John
Old March 7th, 2005, 21:13
NAXJA Forum User

nope....those are new.....haha
Old March 7th, 2005, 21:53
NAXJA Member

I have a '98 w/130K miles. I have RE Track bar, RE fixed LCA's, RE adjustable uppers. I just put on a Phat Jeeps Steering system and I have no problems with DW at all. The part that's cool about it is I have no steering stabalizers, none. Crappy aftermarket Balljoint on one side and factory on the other. The steering was like $700 delivered but it seems to work nice.

B-loose
Old March 7th, 2005, 21:56
Water is dirty

Wait until your Rusty's crap starts to wear in a couple of weeks...

It'll be back.
Old March 7th, 2005, 22:13
NAXJA Forum Supporter

98' with 4", 31's 150+K, factory steering parts and stock CAs.
No DW- HaHa! [never had it, never will]

My "fix": I clean Off the Mud after abusing the Jeep LOL!
Old March 7th, 2005, 22:36
NAXJA Member # 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECKSJAY
Wait until your Rusty's crap starts to wear in a couple of weeks...
Yeah, but he's got SUCH a great warranty on all his parts.. Somehow a great warranty doesn't excuse crappy parts.
Old March 7th, 2005, 22:38
NAXJA Forum User

maybe i will try that (cleaning the mud off) but i am always so tired after a tough day of wheeling that i always over look that....
i have so many pretty parts now...not sure if i wanna get them dirty.....ya well guys...cannt wait to hit those trails again..
if i had it to do all over i would have build a cage, got a winch, and bought a trailer....next time i guess
Old March 7th, 2005, 22:40
Member #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlexj1
after have bad DW (shaking the jelly in your eyes bad) i enbarked on the common endever of trying to solve the DW wows...after countless cheap attemps to fix it last wheeling season i decided to do it right this winter....i relaced everything and in the process i emptied every pocket.....rims, tires, Rustys adj. trackbar, RE drop brackets, rustys YJ design steering conv., rebuilt dana 30 (ball joints, bearings, seals), 2 HD steering stablizers, shocks....and on and on.....the only things i kept were some of the bolts but most of them got replaced in the build... and the pitman arm stayed....and after all that time and money i am proud to say no DW....i still have a little over steer but after an alignment i am sure that will fix itself...so anyone struggling with DW like i was....let me put an end to all the post....if it has mud on it.. replace it, if it was on the jeep from the factory.. replace it, if someone sells a better one.. replace it......get my thinking yet....
i am drive a 91..4.0...30/8.25...on 6 inches and allot of new parts with no mud on them......haha

Damn dude, you are a genius. Hmmm, let me sum this thread up... Replace your worn parts, and magically it will fix itself. Excellent.

I voted
Old March 8th, 2005, 20:03
NAXJA Member #999

I have only one question ...

How did you come to the conclusion you have oversteer ? May I ask what you or your XJ is doing to make it oversteer ? How do you know its not understeer ? Where or when does it perform this alleged oversteer ? Do you think a simple alignment will correct the situation ? Are you sure you had DW ?

Wait, that's more than one question ...

Just one short explanation would be helpful.

Quote:
and after all that time and money i am proud to say no DW....i still have a little over steer but after an alignment i am sure that will fix itself...
Old March 8th, 2005, 20:56
NAXJA Forum User

the over/under steer i have is when in a turn the xj wants to turn a little more than i have the wheel turned....i believe this i due to a toe problem...also i have a little excessive play in the wheel but i contribute this to a toe problem to....that didnt due the problem justice but its a little hard to explain what i feel in the wheel.....when i get it inspected i will have them throw it on the rack and align it....thanks for all the concern guys...i think i got the front end wows whipped...that is till i go bounce it off some rocks..and then we start all over again..
Old March 8th, 2005, 21:08
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
....if it has mud on it.. replace it, if it was on the jeep from the factory.. replace it, if someone sells a better one.. replace it......get my thinking yet....
thats alot of money to throw around lol
Old March 8th, 2005, 21:09
NAXJA Forum User

Six inches of lift will give you oversteer during body roll. And Good luck with it never happening again.
Old March 8th, 2005, 21:12
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEParon
thats alot of money to throw around lol
No kidding, that would include about every piece on my Jeep. I pulled the crossmember yesterday and weighed 75# of dirt that i removed from it.
Old March 8th, 2005, 23:12
Member #674

I had oversteer once, but the dentist gave me a retainer and it is all fixed now.

This thread still sucks.