• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Billet Aluminum lift on Ebay

85Chief

NAXJA Forum User
Just found this lift looking around Ebay. Wanted to hear your thoughts on it.
Is billet aluminum really that strong? I would never buy it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7950546322&category=33585

3" suspension lift for 84-01 Jeep Cherokee

"They are made from "6061" billet aluminum. The kit comes with two 3" billet aluminum coil spacers and two 3" billet aluminum lift blocks.

This kit is designed to work with your factory suspension. You do not need to change anything on your stock suspension except your shocks and u-bolts. Everything else works great.

If you like the way your Jeep rides now (stock) you will like the way it rides with this lift.

Your stock suspension stays the same, you are just enhancing it.

This lift works great with existing lifts."

am i crazy or are those things actually hollow

I'd say it looks questionable...

Buy from a proven source...

I'd tell ya to pass on it...

Doesnt look like billet

76_2.JPG

sumbody has way to much time on there hands..

who thinks of this junk??

those blocks look like aluminum rectagular tubing to me,, wtf??!!

& those coil spacer gadgets, no clue??

standard coil spacers are not recommended to exceed 2" due to the torsional stress may exceed the body mount for the coil..

egon_misc_safety_first.gif

Chief how do u rate this product??

Last edited:
Those front coil spacers don't look like anything more than exaust pipe with a plate welded to them, and I don't know about you but I wouldn't trust hollow blocks. I don't know how you could sell something like that knowing how dangerous it is. I would suggest that you pass on them. If you're looking for a BB get something from an actual vendor, Daystar, Teraflex ect.

I'd def. pass on it...its be easier, cheaper and safer to just piece together a homemade budget boost. Theres a bunch of threads, and sites listed on here that give you plenty of info on how to do so.

haha coil spacers on the axle end??? i think that is a joke, and someone is trying to get some money quick..i know for fords with the TTB set up they use spacers on the axle end but i deffently would not trust those ones even on my ATV...

For anyone whos interested I have a lift a little bit like that for sale. Except I used water glasses and 2x4s. In the rear you can get 8ft of lift. LoL Thats the shiestyest lift i've ever seen. DONT BUY IT.

My old man has been a skilled trades machinist for 24 years and has made me tons of differnt shit, including alluminum bike parts such as handle bar stems and handle bar ends and bike pegs. He even made me a set of sway bar quik disconnects for my jeep when the old ones were to small. Let me tell you that alluminum will not put up to the abuse and stess those parts are meant to be used for. Especially the lift blocks. Shoulda have been made out of stainless steel or some sort of other steel.

Please tell me you guys are all joking?!! You do realize that that is just extruded aluminum don't you?! The "coil spacers" is just an extruded tube with plate tack welded to it. Anyone who buys that stuff might as well cut down on their emissions by rerouting their exhaust into their interior.
FWIW If one was to use a lift block it should be steel (usually cast) or solid aluminum. Never use extruded or cast aluminum.

Back