• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Day At The Cliffs ORP

Swap

NAXJA Forum User
I went to Cliffs on Sunday and The first part of the day was great with lots of mud and off camber climbs and decents BUT, the last part of the day was alittle ruff! I took on some damage, lets see only one door panal is straight, broken tail light lens, and some damage to the pass, side fender and driver-side rear flare is just about ripped off. I also found that I bend the crap out of the Grand Cherokee tie-rod. That would explain why my steering-wheel is about 90 degrees off. I'm glade i up-graded to the GC tie-rod when i did, the stock XJ's tie-rod wouldn't have stood a chance!. BOY, not again when it rains the day before or even a week before. In some parts of that park damn, just about most of the park MTR's don't have a chance if it rains!

Last edited:
Intrepids got a bunch of pics on GLJT

Looks like a place I don't need to go, until we've had a long drought

Rev Den said:
I can honestly say that Cliffs is a place best left for quads. It is to small and WAY to muddy for Jeeps.

JMHO.

Rev

Agreed. Way too tight for comfortable wheeling. I dented all 4 doors, a rear quarter, rain gutter, and pulled off a fender flare and a bumper cap on an otherwise unmolested '01. Wifey won't let me live it down.

I went to Cliff's about a month ago. I was lucky enough to go on a COLD day and not deal with too much mud. The trails are way narrow. Good place for Wranglers (Cheerleaders drive Wranglers) and Samuri's. Too many trees. Always stopping and going back and forth to get through the winding trails. The creek is nice. I think Steve is the owner. He is a nice guy. I wish him luck. But, it is not very well set up for XJ's. (at this time)

Tom drives a 112 inch wheelbase Toyota in there on a regular basis. An XJ is 101 right? Why do XJ guys have so many problems avoiding trees? There are easier trails for you Xj guys so don't feel left out.

Hmmm....
troll.gif

:D

Damn Tim, you're junk is starting to sound similar to mine!! :laugh3:

The only door that's straight on my XJ is the one on the glove box.

The cliffs is not my idea of fun, I'll take the landfill anyday. The quads and swb boys can have it!

Here's a couple of Pic's!

79548859.jpg

79548829.jpg

And Here It Starts, landed on one side and then the other.

79548782.jpg

IntrepidXJ said:
There are definately some tight trails.....but I've been to the cliffs a number of times, and there are a bunch of good trails that are fun and not too tight. my favorite is 7.....it wasn;t even bad with all the rain we had this time :)

Yeah, but don't you have a cage?
:rolleyes:

Back