• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Browns Camp OHV area

stick_flicker

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to try and plan a trip up to Browns Camp OHV are if anyone is interested. Ive never been there but heard its goood for beginners. Anyone ever been there. How tough are the trails. Tryin to find pics but no luck so far. I will probably plan on goin up sometime in January. Let me know if anyone is interested.

It is a fun area, with lots of trails that aren't TOO challenging. There are a few that get pretty tough. The one thing you'd have to worry about going in January is snow. We went Thanksgiving weekend LAST year and could only run the easiest trails because they had tons of snow on them. Here is a link to some pics from our club's website of our last run down there.

John

http://www.pnwjeep.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2026

Brown's can be pretty challenging during the winter. There is some easy stuff, but the mud and snow will certainly up the difficultly level. They have closed a lot more of the trails during the winter, lately, for erosion control. I don't blame the forest service. You can still go on enough for a good day, especially if there is a number of vehicals.

Easy
450.jpg

Harder
450.jpg

Canopener, Hows the build coming I want to see that thing!!! Browns camp is a fun place. Lots of trails if you can find em and not get lost. I plan on goin up next wed. or thurs.

Aren't you special. You get to use your jeep. I have some new heavy rockers built and the rear wheel wells cut out more. Just need to get that welder. Hope yours works out well. By the way, for those going up to Brown's, a couple of the small stores on Hwy 6 have maps of the Tillamook State Forest trails. Very helpfull.

most of the good trails will be closed this time of year. It can still be fun though. you can also drive farther down the highway towards tillamook and find some trails that go right off the highway. my buddy just came back form the coast and said there were some good mud holes a few miles past the swimming hole.

A good day of wheeling at Browns Camp is to do Fire Break 5 to the top, up over Seven Up, then on to Hogs Back, and end the day doing all of Archers.

But what do I know, I live in Utah.

TSF is an awesome place to wheel. Have fun and play safe.
Dan.

Back