• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Buyer / Sellers Group

red91

NAXJA Forum User
After dealing with a couple of Guys in our chapter I was thinking about a NW Buyer / Sellers Group to keep things...

Local. I personally would like to deal with more of our chapter members.
I don't mind getting things outside of our chapter but would like to see our $$ stay round here.

Anyone up for this or should I just shut my hole???

yeah I'm tired of getting responses on stuff that I'm selling from people in NY and back east, its unrealistic to try to sell a 100 dollar part when shipping is 40 bucks.
-cal

ECKSJAY said:
Did you send him a PM? ;)
STOP IT;) I just PM'D our illustrious ( I'm sure you'll correct my spelling ) leader.

We should know in a couple weeks... :wave:

Last edited:
Willis is now in the "I'll consider it" mode.

I sense positive feedback. :sunshine:

happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

ECKSJAY said:
JINX!!! JINX!!! JINX!!!

:D

BASTARD !!!!!

I did like the Libertarian parties candidate for LT GOV. of Wa.
When elected their first order of business was to get the LT. Gov. job removed since it wastes so much money...

BASTARD!! :wave1: GO GO DINO !!

I think it is a great idea, however, I don't think NAXJA will approve.

Problem is, we are not our own entity, we are still part of a whole. The purpose behind the chapter forums was to bring together geographical groups of people and help with the organization of events and outings.

I like the idea, that's why I have not stopped anyone from posting anything on this forum as far as items for sale and other events in our area. Our forum is not high volume enough to have to worry about posts that do not have to do directly with chapter business, though I have gotten some opposition that insinuated that we keep this forum chapter business related only.

NAXJA does wish we keep the tech out of here, and on the main forums, and I agree. They don't want each chapter forum to become a replacement for the main forums. They may see adding a for sale area to our chapter as doing so.

I have had a discussion with the rest of the NW BOD about a similar subject and others. The consensus was we were going to allow for sale posts to be posted here in the NW Chapter, as long as the poster made his original post in the For Sale area first, and gave all details, then posted in the NW forum and provided a link to the For Sale post. If the poster wished to keep it local, he would simply put "Local Sale Only" in bold letters. The post in the NW forum would be locked, so someone could not 'bump' it up every 5 min. All questions and comments would need to be posted on the main original thread in the For Sale forum, or be handled by email or PM.

It was the same thing with non- NAXJA related events. They would need to be posted in the Unofficial trail runs area, then linked just like the for sale post. I would like to leave this one unlocked so NAXJA users can find out if anyone else is planning on attending and maybe talk about meeting up. However, if the original poster kept bumping it for no other reason, I'd lock it.

I can ask the main NAXJA BOD about the NW For Sale forum if you'd like, then post the response here. It really is out of my hands as far as the creation of this type of thing. Our webteam would need to make the changes, and they have to get permission from the BOD prior to making such changes.

Steve

happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

Based on Willis I think we can all agree to Post in the For Sale area first, and link to the NW chapter forum.

In the For Sale area if we can all put in NW CHAP. so we know that we are dealing with each other, I think this would keep the hierachy happy.

Please post your response so we can get a collective idea of what everyone is thinking.

scott

Back