• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CCV Parts at NAPA ("blowby" fix)

pxs

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, So my CCV system was shot (everyone says this is a blowby problem.. but the problem is the CCV system is blocked).

I have been looking for a solution for many months, not wanting to spend the $120+ at the dealer. I was to the point where i was going to use some heater hose for the intake, and some generic vacuum line.

I finally found a thread mentioning NAPA parts..I looked up the parts, and of course, no pictures. I've had people tell me these parts are ONLY available at the dealer... I went to NAPA, had them show me the parts, And.....

I just searched this forum for "CCV NAPA" and came up with 3 threads. "blowby NAPA" got none. So i am assuming that few people know about this. I hope to save at least a few people some money..

If you need a new CCV system, Go and get these parts from NAPA!

NAPA PARTS:
715-1367 $18.99
715-1366 $18.99 (one is the air filter side, and the other is the valve cover side)
715-1365 $7.69 (This is the little vacuum tube that goes from the intake manifold to the rear of the valve cover. Includes Gromit)

These 3 parts are the complete CCV system, includes ALL vacuum lines needed.. I couldn't believe they had it. And, for $50 you can't beat it. At least it's a constant price, unlike dealers where you might spend $99 at one, and $150 at another..

DEFINATELY check it out... And get your CCV system fixed so you can have a nice clean air filter..

Hope this helps.
-Nick

Which parts are so expensive at the dealership? I went there to pickup those two plastic elbows that are on top of the valve cover and I think I spent no more then $20.....

pxs said:
Okay, So my CCV system was shot (everyone says this is a blowby problem.. but the problem is the CCV system is blocked).

I have been looking for a solution for many months, not wanting to spend the $120+ at the dealer. I was to the point where i was going to use some heater hose for the intake, and some generic vacuum line.

I finally found a thread mentioning NAPA parts..I looked up the parts, and of course, no pictures. I've had people tell me these parts are ONLY available at the dealer... I went to NAPA, had them show me the parts, And.....

I just searched this forum for "CCV NAPA" and came up with 3 threads. "blowby NAPA" got none. So i am assuming that few people know about this. I hope to save at least a few people some money..

If you need a new CCV system, Go and get these parts from NAPA!

NAPA PARTS:
715-1367 $18.99
715-1366 $18.99 (one is the air filter side, and the other is the valve cover side)
715-1365 $7.69 (This is the little vacuum tube that goes from the intake manifold to the rear of the valve cover. Includes Gromit)

These 3 parts are the complete CCV system, includes ALL vacuum lines needed.. I couldn't believe they had it. And, for $50 you can't beat it. At least it's a constant price, unlike dealers where you might spend $99 at one, and $150 at another..

DEFINATELY check it out... And get your CCV system fixed so you can have a nice clean air filter..

Hope this helps.
-Nick

I wish I would have known that last week. I'm one of those poor bastards (pun intended) that just spent $120 at the steelership. Live and learn.
Cherokid.

I don't remember paying anywhere near $100 at the dealershaft for all the tubing. Maybe I lucked out.

I don't know about you guys I used the part numbers from MadXJ's site and payed just over $50 CAD.

Last time I had to get them, I went OEMR and ended up having to fork over about $80.

Updates on the prices (a/o 14OCT2005)
NAPA/Echlin #715-1367 $19.99
NAPA/Echlin #715-1366 $19.99
NAPA/Echlin #715-1365 $8.29

Ordered two sets to-day (two systems to service...)

5-90

Day late and a dollar short. I replaced one half of the vacuume harness and the steelership charged $45 for it. I'm having a HUGE blowby issue right now, on the way back from Moab last week I was loosing a quart of pil per tank of gas through the air box but the truck wasn't smoking at all. It was nasty though with the big puddle of oil dropping under the truck at every stop, hopefully the new lines wiil fix it.

I guess the question is whether you have a HO or renix- I bought all the pieces using individual part numbers for my HO from the dealership for about $35. each rubber grommet was 4.50, the elbows were $5.50 and 7.50, the hoses were the most expensive

Exactly what BCParker said, what years are these parts for?
PXS, your is a 90 correct? That is a Renix correct?
Thank you for the info.
Katarn

Last edited:
Should we make this a sticky? Or make a new post to save people from stealerships... I orderd mine today... I love Napa...

Cheers, J

My XJ kicks @$$

I just got a hard line and grommet from the local Advance, then put a breather on the front of the valve cover instead of having it run back to the air filter. Of course I also cleaned out the inside of the valve cover too. Mine seems to be doing fine. I may look into the napa parts though just to put things back to stock.

I bought these parts just last Saturday. The guy at the NAPA store didn't even know about them, but they worked like a jewel! I'm not sure yet if they fixed my blow by problem, but I'm happy to have the oil going to my airbox instead of all over the engine for now. Thanks guys!

I fixed my renix for 8.00 or so from Oreilly auto. Just used a Mr. Gasket #2057 valve cover breather and a 24" peice of 5/16 fuel line. Put the breather in the front gromet and the fuel line from the metering gromet to the petcock on the intake manifold. MAKE SURE THAT YOU CLEAN OUT THE METERING GROMET TOO. mine was plugged and I didnt clean it the first time, so I thoght that I still had the problem.

Edit kinda guess I waited too long.
Just got my Quadratec/Crown Valve cover. Went to Advance Auto picked up a few gromets a PCV Valve and an oil cap for less than 10.00 rubels lol
is it ok to run a true PCV Valve on the back grommet of the valve cover( the one that is run into the intake)?

Guys why buy these parts when you can make your own. I used 5/16 brake-fuel line. Cost me 10 bucks. Looks great IMO and last forever. It took all of an hour to do.
IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Back