• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

breaking motor mount bolts/egnie swap questions.

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My buddies XJ is breaking the motor mount bolts repeatetly. He had one break replaced it, then two broken then they ripped out of the block. What causes this? I havn't had a chance to look at it yet to even verify he put the right bolts in, he says he did.

Also he is considering swaping the 4.0 out of the 95 and replacing it with the 4.0 out of his rolled 97+. The problem I see if the 97+ is an auto and the 95 is a stick. He said the Jeep place told him it would bolt right up even with the other tranny. Doesn't sound right to me. Any ideas what he's gonna need to swap the auto engine to the manuel? And for the engine itself he needs the entire computer, ect correct. TIA

For the engine swap the 95 will both up to the 97. The first things that come to mind on changes are:
Use the 97's intake
the flex plate/flywheel will need to be swaped
I would also do a mock fit of the torque convertor to see if the pilot bearing on the manual transed 95 engine will need to come out.

Mike

Back