NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old August 1st, 2004, 22:03
On a Time Out

Question No death wobble on the new lift, but...

Hang with me here, I'm a newbie to this stuff.

I installed Rusty's 3" lift on my 2000 xj last weekend. He told me I would probably need the tc drop. I tested it out without the drop, and no vibrations but I was getting a noise at all speeds when I would press on the gas or let off. Sounded like a grinding coming from the rear.
I then installed the drop, and now I only get the noise at speeds above 65 mph.
Can somebody tell me what the noise is, and what I'll have to do to fix it, or if I can just live with it. Thanks in advance.
Old August 1st, 2004, 22:40
NAXJA Forum User

Thumbs down Re: No death wobble on the new lift, but...

The noise is probably the yoke of the driveshaft hitting itself as it spins because it is at such an extreme angle. I read somewhere here in the past couple of days that the newer xj's were more susceptible to this, so your 2000 is a likely candidate. I dont know what kind of damage it would cause to drive it like that for a while, but i would look into getting a slip yoke eliminator (SYE).