• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Rails

BOB

MWC geezer
NAXJA Member
I have a 1995 Jeep Country. I only have a two inch lift and 30's. I am looking to put on some Rock Rails. I am a bit concerned about some trail areas that have sharp breakover hills. I have done some research. Just need other opionions. Also, any advice on how best to mount them.

Bob, If you are worried about the ground clearance I’d weld the rails into the lower rocker panels. There are a couple of guys that were making them out of 2” x 2” and 2” x 4” steel and cutting and welding them into the lower rocker panels. They look nice, hell for stout and no loss of ground clearance. Do a search under the modified section for “rock rails”.

BOB said:
I have a 1995 Jeep Country. I only have a two inch lift and 30's. I am looking to put on some Rock Rails. I am a bit concerned about some trail areas that have sharp breakover hills. I have done some research. Just need other opionions. Also, any advice on how best to mount them.
ajsoffroadarmor.com

bburge said:
Your tranny/xfer case crossmember will hit before your rock rails...

bburge

He's right and if you don't already have them I would also look into armor all around, transfercase, fueltank, and front end steering componenets. for a start all stock skids will do, they are cheap and easy to find. but as you get HARD i would look into after market stuff. Good Luck

kevin s said:
ajsoffroadarmor.com

I have AJ's 2x4 rails they are SUPER. I hit them pretty hard more than once and they definatly can take a hit. This is a 2nd on AJ's for rails

bburge said:
Your tranny/xfer case crossmember will hit before your rock rails...

bburge

If you've been off-roading in boulders enough, you'll realize that every single part is going to hit eventually, so the more ground clearance you have in each part of the vehicle the better. And the more solid your skids are the better because you'll hit them eventually. The terrain you wheel in isn't on a flat plane.

Back