• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hollister Hills Run Feb 28-29

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
OK everyone, thanks to all that voted in the planning poll. This is the official thread for the Hollister Hills run scheduled for Feb 28-29. This was my first NAXJA run last year and it was a great time for all who attended. I got a chance to meet people and to put a face to the names on the computer screen. Any and all are welcome to come out for just the day or to stay overnight. Hollister Hills has plenty of trails for stock or modified XJs so please don't be shy.

Here are some links for HH.

This is the official state page.
http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1179

Map of general area.
http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1182

This is the HH off-road assn. site. Calendar of events page.
http://www.hollisterhills.com/

Map of the park.
hollister2_01.gif

hollister2_02.gif

hollister2_03.gif

hollister2_04.gif

I will get more information on fees for anyone interested in camping overnight. Entry fee for the park is $4.

Last year, most people met at Jerry's restaurant in Hollister at around 8:30, sounds OK to me for this year. Then we'll meet at the obstacle course area at 10:00 for those coming later in the morning. We'll decide what trails to run once those who are camping get a chance to set up camp.

Bryan

Whats BOTW 3?

I'll be there. Do you if you guys are camping out or staying at a nearby hotel? I've never been there before, but heard it has some great trails. Is is like Prairie City where there are open areas or are there some trees and actual trails within the park that have different clearly marked difficulty ratings?

Chuck, still no 4WD? Sucks man. You gotta try to get that fixed. I want to see that Aussie locker in action. :)

Maybe one day I will be able to run the BOTW trails with you guys. Hopefully next year I can tag along.

I think there is some local hotels you can stay at if you want. I will look into it. The park is close to town. I haven't decided if I'm staying overnight or not, but I will let you know.

This should be fun. I have a buddy who owns an XJ coming along, maybe a ZJ will come along too.

Bryan

Bryan C. said:
Chuck, still no 4WD? Sucks man. You gotta try to get that fixed. I want to see that Aussie locker in action. :)

Bryan
The linkage fixed now, 2H and 4L go right in place, it stays in 4h, but it's not exactly where the lever has a slot for it. I think there is some play in the linkage and the previous tcase drop probably had something to do with it.

Anyway, actually the problem is my gears. I have my D44 setup with 4.88 and I still need to get and setup the front. I also have to figure out a way to pay Bsalt51 for a Tru-trac. ;)

So I'm hoping I won't be at Hollister in 2WD. :roll:

I was just thinking if there was enough interest from those going to BOTW or people needing more time to get their rig going, we could move the date back one week to Mar 6-7. Just a thought, Feb 28-29 works just fine for me.

Bryan

Let's see if we can get a few more responses for different dates. So should we keep it on Feb 28-29 or the weekend of Mar 6-7, or the following weekend of Mar 13-14. All of those weekends are good for me. I think the point of this is to get the most amount of people to show up for the run.

So, what do you all think?

Bryan

Don't wait for me guys. I get back on the 29 of feb. My oldest sons birthday is the fallowing weekend & my youngest sons birthday is the weekend after that. Of course they have to have seperate party's & such. Besides the family restrictions I still haqve 400 acres of pistachio trees to plant. This has been an extremely busy winter for me & it's not letting up. I've only snuck in one snow run so far & it looks like that will be the last snow run for the season for me.

Matt

just trying to figure out if the date has changed. just making a list of what i can do with or without an extra week.

Back