• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Places to ride in the Southeast...

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
Last edited:
Florida private owned..
Ocean pond mud park.(havent been there yet, seems well organized.. oceanpond.com

Prentice Cooper State Park outside Chattanooga,TN. It has trails that I have done in my stock Cherokee, and trails that guys on 33's drag all over the rocks. It is located on Suck Creek Mountain, next to Chattanooga.

new place to ride in notheast alabama called kingsbendoffroad park in north dekalb county great place to ride open every other weekend cost $20 for truck $10 for atv $5 for spectator nice fellow owns the place help you in anyway

xjhm said:
http://www.xtremeterrain.com/offroadpark.htm
this is around morehead ky... if that is considered the southeast..
fire... clearfield is just outside of morehead ....isn't it?

UPDATE....The park is just about officially open. They got the insurance straightened out. Keep your ears and eyes open for the official opening date. If i'm not mistaken, if you get in touch with Roy, and let him know you want to ride and work on some of the trails,he has no problem with that. I know he was needing some bigger rigs to run some trails and chew it up a bit.

Reportedly, the Lakeland Motorsports Park in Lakeland Fl. is expanding the facility...the manager told me there will be an obstacle course, hill climb and expansion of the mud bogg. I will be by there tonight for the X-mas party and report my findings.

The mud bogg will be open newyears eve...admission will be free (normally 10 bucks a head) and there will be free food, beverages and a mondo monster bonfire. Their website is currently under reconstruction, but directions are posted. www.lakelandmotorsportspark.com

It is definately not a "trailriding" spot, but the mud pit is the gnarliest I have ever seen and it's the only "legal" spot in central fl. that i know of.

PS...if you see a silver 2 door XJ with "no laughing matter" on the windshield, stop by and say hello..i keep a supply of cold brews at hand.

Coppenger's Cove is a huge place between Whitwell and Monteagle. It's pure wilderness with trails. You can get lost for days if you aren't careful. It has some deep water, and Rocks... rocks... rocks... Mostly creek rocks, but you can take one of he hundreds of creekbeds up for an extreme challenge.

Some mud, some steep climbs on the way out. It's a blast... with caves and good camping spots too.

Beasley Knob in Blairesville is a cool place to ride... About 5 hrs worth of trials. I need to call and verify that they are open currently. The park service closes it down for maintanence every once in a while.

Back