NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old November 29th, 2017, 12:30
NAXJA Forum User

Replacement Bushings

My XJ has handling issues that I am trying to remedy. It has a BDS long-arm kit on the front end and several of the bushings in the arms look worn. What bushings do I use? Any suggestions? Rubber? Poly? Urethane? or even orbit-eyes?

I am replacing all the bushings in the upper and lower arms and the trac-bar.

Also, the orientation of the upper control arm bracket (passenger side) on my Dynatrac axles appears to be canted with more than an angle than required. Do I have to cut this bracket off and reweld on a new one or should I try to find an arm end with a similar bend or angle at the end?

Thanks!
Old November 29th, 2017, 13:51
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Replacement Bushings

I try to do rubber as much as possible, but I would think that might be limited to whatever BDS used originally! There are a lot of retro-fit joints out there now.
Old November 29th, 2017, 15:45
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Replacement Bushings

It looks like all the bushings are pretty standard in size. BDS does sell urethane replacement bushings though.

BDS Bushings