• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leak check after injector swap?

Aversnell

NAXJA Forum User
Just swapped injectors on my 96 xj 4.0, swapping what I suspect were the original injectors for 4 hole remanufactured Boschs. I was concerned because the clips that came off the old injectors had nowhere to lock on the new ones, so I left them off. The Jeep is running well after the swap, but with the clips off, I’m worried about a leak. I do not see or smell any fuel around the injectors, but is there any kind of test, like a soap test, I can do to check for leaks? Or should I assume if I don’t see or smell fuel that I’m okay?

Why didn't you just buy injectors that fit your application?

Supposedly these did, and these exact ones have been used by other posters and said to have worked, and not having done this job before it did not occur to me to examine the picture for the grooves that the clips go to, but thanks for the snarky and completely unhelpful response. Do you happen to know whether the clips are important or do you just come here to judge? I have read elsewhere that the clips are mainly to hold the injectors in place during installation and that doing without them is not a big deal, but I’m looking for a second opinion. Like many on these forums, I researched carefully before buying the injectors and installing them, but this was the one thing I didn’t think of. So I learned something. Telling me I should have known to buy different injectors is not helpful at this point, to me or to anyone else who has come here for advice.

Last edited:
Back