• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door seat mechanism

LJRockstar

NAXJA Forum User
The frame of my driver seat is bent from the previous owner. Presumably from the P.O. trying to get his wallet out by pushing against the back to lift his ass off the seat. I’ve been looking for a good used replacement for almost 6 months now. Seems as though (not surprisingly) 2 door seats in good serviceable condition are rare as hens teeth and the ones I’ve seen, people have been asking more than I’m willing to spend.

My question is; If I were to get a drivers seat from a 4 door, can I swap the “tip forward” mechanism from my 2 door seat to the 4 door seat without any/much trouble? I’m not really willing to give up the tip forward feature even though it’s less important on the driver side than passenger side.

The rig is a 1996 2door.

Thanks.

Not a great but, I had a mustang with the same problem. I completely tore the seat down to the frame and clamped it to the work bench, then used a big bar to straighten it out. It had broken welds in it. I found a few bad welds in my xj seat back too but can't remember why I was in there. If you're having that much trouble something to consider.

Back