NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old April 30th, 2017, 17:54
NAXJA Forum User

Ford Dura spark II conversion from Renix Ignition Module

Ok, so the Renix ignition system has a Ford Motorcraft distributer, and the coil type is similar to the MSD 5527 street fire, (and works well) I am NOT trying to re-invent the wheel or get more performance here...it's just that the replacement parts nowadays are total crap, and don't last...so I am trying to make a better ignition system that lasts...I read that the 70's and early 80's AMC Jeeps used a complete Ford ignition system using a duraspark ignition module. Has anyone here used this set up on a Renix Jeep? Oh and yes I am having heat soak issues with the Renix ignition module, which happens to be brand spankin' new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk