NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old Yesterday, 14:49
NAXJA Member

Rock link?

Just looking to get some opinions on iron rocks rock link 3 link. Thinking of ordering it but donít know anything about it and the iro flex joints
Old Yesterday, 15:05
NAXJA Member

Rock link?

There's a thread here recently about it. I know a few people who've picked it up, including myself and my buddy. Not sure in the life of the joints as I've only had it in a few weeks, but flexes great compared to my old short arms (was running fixed lowers and stock uppers). Install is simple enough, I suggest you massage your floor just a bit above the crossmember to get the upper link to slide in and out without dropping the crossmember

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 15:17
NAXJA Member

Re: Rock link?

The threaded portion of the flex joints are welded on at an angle on purpose. This means you're stuck with their joints, or you have to have some custom made if it ever needs to be replaced. I'm not totally crazy about it, but so far hasn't given me any problems. Some people have had exhaust clearance issues with the lower passenger side link. Mine cleared just fine. Also seen some complaints about removing the whole cross member to get the upper link out, few whacks to the floor with a hammer solves that issue real quick as needabow mentioned. I went with the rock link because it had the highest clearance arms and cross member that I've seen out of all the three links out there, I'm super happy with my purchase.
Old Yesterday, 15:25
NAXJA Member

Re: Rock link?

Thanks for the great feedback, looks like Iíll be ordering em later today. Was nervous about those joints but hopefully they will be fine.