• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driver side door

prerunner06

NAXJA Forum User
My front drivers side door is having issues closing. It usually takes me 2-3 times slamming it to get it to shut all other time it will latch but not be latched tight. I already replaced the door latch with a junk yard latch it worked great for a few months now it's back to slamming and it's very annoying.. the door doesn't look like it's sagging. I hope you guys have some ideas. Vehicle in question Is a 1996 xj 4 door

I have oiled and greased it when it hits the body pin it's making first contact around the head of the pin then latches on the pin door isn't pushed up or anything. Is there a way I can push the pin out some? I see or has a shim currently.

Last edited:
Thats what you need to do, either shim the door back more or the pin. I would shim the the pin first. I used a heavy duty washer, never had a problem or you can go back to the pick a part an grab a few from them.

Back