• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - (See new thread) Change of Venue!

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
What: 2015 FALL FLOG

When: OCT 23-25th (Bumped this up away from Thanksgiving in hopes of attracting more folks...)

Where: Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy NC

CAMPING:
Crawford's Campground.
87 Horton Road Murphy, N.C., 28906 (828)837-9077

Campground Info:
http://www.crawfordscg.com/index.html Looks to be about $24 a night for a power site.

WHEELING:
Durhamtown Tellico.
401 Clyde McDonald Road Murphy, NC 28906 (828)-837-2255

Park Info:
http://www.durhamtowntellico.com/#!ride/czpx

I'd imagine we'll be wheeling Friday evening and all day Saturday. I'll be showing up Mid-day Friday. We'll be up and headed to the trail early Saturday morning right after breakfast. From what I've seen and been told it looks like the moderately built guys can go pretty much anywhere in the park that they want. The larger built rigs have one area to play in. I'll be in my baby Jeep on 33's and I'll have the kids so I'll be taking it easy.

After we return to the park Saturday evening I'll have a few things to raffle off. One big nice item that was supposed to be one of the main prizes at the Crawl...

Anyway, who wants to go?!

(This is the group photo from last year at Windrock. Hopefully we can get a larger crowd this year.)
NAXJAFLOG2014-3654_zps6eea8484.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy NC

Roll call:

1. Andy "LR2" Bagwell + wife and kids
2. Glenn aka: ghost + Deanna (GF)

I may be able to drag the MJ up. I'm only on 32s with no rocker armor so I will be in the easy group if I make it.

It won't be the first time I lost a rocker at Tellico. I smashed my XJ's rocker in 2003 at the real Tellico.

Mike, you'll finally be able to see all the agate interior parts I bought from you about 6 years ago in the MJ.

How are the trails etc here as far as bypasses and what not? I'm thinking about bringing my Polaris ranger crew sxs and even though it's 4wd it's long and fairly low. I'd just like to ride and enjoy the scenery if we can go. Plus towing the ranger that weighs 1300# will be cheaper on fuel than the MJ at 4500#!

Roll call:

1. Andy "LR2" + wife and kids
2. Glenn aka: ghost + Deanna (GF)
3. 01TJ plus friends
4. Georgia Mike
5. Desertfox1023
6. Shelbyluvv
7. 043500 (maybe)

Last edited:

I may be able to drag the MJ up. I'm only on 32s with no rocker armor so I will be in the easy group if I make it.

How are the trails etc here as far as bypasses and what not? I'm thinking about bringing my Polaris ranger crew sxs and even though it's 4wd it's long and fairly low. I'd just like to ride and enjoy the scenery if we can go. Plus towing the ranger that weighs 1300# will be cheaper on fuel than the MJ at 4500#!

I'll be in my smaller Jeep and I'll have my kids so I'll be taking it easy as well.

Cool...still a maybe though at this point.

You would have no problem at all. I would say close 80% of the trails are really wide and easy. Then there a bunch of high climbs,one big rock bowl, and they had just found another smaller rock garden on Rocky road. When I was out there In march most everyone else besides us were on sxs. There is alot of sweet views to be seen, and plane wreck is pretty cool.

Just don't listen to Glenn tell you "man you can totally walk this trail. It's EASY!" Lol :)

I stand by what I said had it not been wet as hell!!!!!

It won't be the first time I lost a rocker at Tellico. I smashed my XJ's rocker in 2003 at the real Tellico.

Mike, you'll finally be able to see all the agate interior parts I bought from you about 6 years ago in the MJ.

I'd like to see that MJ too and wheel with you again......

I'll try to round up a few and come up Saturday.

That would be cool.

Cool...still a maybe though at this point.

You should do it. There is plenty of ridding to be had IMHO.

You would have no problem at all. I would say close 80% of the trails are really wide and easy. Then there a bunch of high climbs,one big rock bowl, and they had just found another smaller rock garden on Rocky road. When I was out there In march most everyone else besides us were on sxs. There is alot of sweet views to be seen, and plane wreck is pretty cool.

Yes and there is a new loop out on the second property and there is a killer looking rock garden on that loop but when I saw it in March it still had trees in it.

I'd really like to run out on the Tellico Rd which is a 12 mile one way road. They say there are some nice rocky area's out there. Looking forward to camping at Crawford's and wheeling here again. Jim said he would look at going so maybe he will post up.

Yes and there is a new loop out on the second property and there is a killer looking rock garden on that loop but when I saw it in March it still had trees in it.

I'd really like to run out on the Tellico Rd which is a 12 mile one way road. They say there are some nice rocky area's out there. Looking forward to camping at Crawford's and wheeling here again. Jim said he would look at going so maybe he will post up.[/QUOTE]

Glen is that trail just below the bowl?

I'd really like to run out on the Tellico Rd which is a 12 mile one way road. They say there are some nice rocky area's out there. Looking forward to camping at Crawford's and wheeling here again. Jim said he would look at going so maybe he will post up.

Glen is that trail just below the bowl?

New Cut road is the one below the bowl. Tellico Rd is the one that runs the length of the properties and ties them all together out to the Fain Tract. The new loop was on the Coldspring Gap Tract.

Back