• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem with high idle after being in 4 low

workman13

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 Cherokee with the 4.0 and automatic transmission.
So this issue started last week after wheeling. Went to the local off road park and it was a really rainy day and when we went to head home i was having issues with it not wanting to shift. It finally would shift after i reached around 3200 rpms but would never go into OD. It also began idling around 2000 rpms or so. I replaced the only 3 month old TPS and the issue was fixed.

So now to tonight. I was out messing around trying to climb some rocks and had it in 4 low. Whenever i was done and went to leave i put it in neutral and out of 4 low. When i did the rpms jumped up to around 2000 again. I drove a little bit and put it back in neutral and it jumped up again. AFter driving the few miles home it was not idling high anymore.

I have replaced basically every sensor on it but the IAC from previous issues. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Back