• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop bracket help

moparcyco

NAXJA Forum User
Got some used RE drop brackets and installed them today.Install was straight forward until I tried to put in the uca's they are adjustable RE I think they were on the rig when I bought it.Anyway at the shortest length they push the coil right into the sway bar disco.Did some searching found a bracket that relocates disco but the spring still will not be straight.Wtf?I tried every possible combo I could think of pulling the lower rotating the pinion up to no avail.here is a pic

So any thought hope some fresh eyes wll help.thanks guys

well I think I just answered my own question got ahold of the po and he had the receipt for the uca's RE 4020 wich on there website is for LONG arms only:flamemad: ahhhh! this thing has never driven right even with the wj conversion now I get to drop even more money ya!!!! sorry rant over.Anyway to use these or am I sol?

Do a bit of Google work, there is a chart for recommended control arm lengths with and without drop brackets.

With drop brackets, the front axle get pushed forward a little, causing the sway bar ends to hit the springs.

Actually, swaybar end links that are too short is what causes the swaybar ends to contact the springs. Longer links will fix that.

How much lift do you have in the front? I believe that about 4.5-5" lift with RE CAD brackets, stock-ish length arms are about what you want. Obviously if they are slightly longer/adjustable you can adjust/push the axle forward a bit.
I guess maybe the simple solution would be to try and trade (or sell/buy) your UCA's.
In theory since you have adjustable lowers, you could work with proper length fixed uppers if that is what you can find.

Actually, swaybar end links that are too short is what causes the swaybar ends to contact the springs. Longer links will fix that.

Depends on your XJ's setup. On my 2001, the end of the sway bars touched the springs. This was using JKS disconnects, set to the Factory specs.
The control arms are set for proper pinion angle and caster, while extended slightly so the 33"s clear the rear of the wheel wells
If this wasn't a problem for some, there wouldn't be products sold to cure it. Building set of sway bar drop brackets cure my XJ's spring problem

Back