• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fund raiser for Jason swigart (off-road accident)

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
This popped up on a Facebook feed, after looking up "Jason swigart" it shows he drives a late model blue XJ, my assumption is that's what he was driving in the "off-road accident"

Anyway.. These stories always get to me more than "the drunk guy with cigarettes and a cell phone on a street corner holding a cardboard sign".. So I'm just spreading the word..

It's just a buck or two..

I would really like more info! Anyone know more?

On Saturday, August 30th, Jason and his oldest daughter, Wylee, were involved in an accident in an off-road vehicle. Their family was staying at a friend's cabin at Stoneman Lake for the holiday weekend and they were coming back from visiting another friend's camp. The driver of the vehice lost control and they hit a tree. Jason and Wylee were both airlifted to Flagstaff Medical Center due to the nature of their injuries. Wylee was released within a few hours with just a bad hematoma on her cheek. Jason, however, is in the ICU. He has multiple skull fractures and had to have a craniotomy early Sunday morning to remove a portion of his skull due to the pressure in his brain. He is currently in critical, but stable condition and has been showing positive signs. He has a very long recovery road ahead, though. He will be out of work for at least several months and more likely close to a year. His wife, Heather, is by his bedside in Flagstaff and will not be returning to work in Camp Verde where they live until his condition is much more stable or he is released. They are going to need help covering everyday expenses during this time and the mounting medical costs. Every litle bit helps, so anything you can contribute would be greatly appreciated! Please keep this amazing family in your thoughts and prayers <3

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/support-the-swigart-family/227778#sthash.Dq195iMH.dpuf

I "liked" the page last night, thank you Olympus off-road

Unfortunately this was posted a few minutes ago..

For those that aren't aware.

Last night was not a good night. All of his blood work came back either very high or very low. Despite all of the IV's he is on. His lungs have given up on him and he is on the max as far as ventilators go.

Thankfully we were able to move him to CT this morning. However based on the results, the doctors know that he would never be the same. He wouldn't be even remotely the same.

Based on the results from the CT scan as well as the status of his lungs, I have decided that it's time. I don't want him to suffer any longer. I want to respect his wishes and he would not want this to go on any longer.

With respecting his wishes also means that we contacted the donor network. They arrived and immediately started drawing blood and beginning the process to donate as much of him as they can.

We should know around 6:30-7pm if he is a match for anyone. And then the process will begin. I have made the decision to let our girls give him a kiss good bye, once all of his tubes and IV's have been removed.

Never in my wildest nightmares did I ever think I would have to make all of these decisions. But I am so thankful that he and I both have had the chance to talk about it all.

Now I ask from everyone to say a prayer that this goes smoothly. Say an extra prayer for our Wylee. I don't know how she will handle all of it.

Again thank you so much everyone for all of the support and prayers you have sent our way. We will be needing lots more.

‪#‎deltadelta196‬ ‪#‎GTFUJason‬ ‪#‎JasonCharlesSwigart‬

Back