• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2014 MJ (code name Abby)

KPTHEMP

That's Me
NAXJA Member
and so it begins... again

Day 1
9139008485_fe73b65f32_b.jpg

Home and Washed
9139280798_c0a592517b_b.jpg

picked up a Donor
9137058061_7a68b52b6d_b.jpg

long road ahead, but it will be new again

gonna be big! Can't wait to follow the build...should be good. Have fun with it

What is the story on that donor. Looks like a solid platform, except that dent in the bumper cover!

What is the story on that donor. Looks like a solid platform, except that dent in the bumper cover!

This is the issue, its debatable and im kinda torn, guy said head was cracked and took the engine apart, let it sit for 6 months like that. I picked this jeep up dirt cheap. It eeds a few things like header panel, hood fender, rear window and another engine, fans and misc small stuff and she'd be good to go. my options are this:

1) fix this XJ as a useable vehicle and sell it for more money and go to the JY and get the parts I need for the MJ or come across another donor, (this uses parts off already doomed XJ's and puts another back on the road) or

2)Part this one out and use the parts I need for the MJ

9143960542_59a608736a_h.jpg

That's a tough call. If you're in it super cheap and can get it going again I'd go with #1 but you always run the risk of having to get in farther than just a cylinder head and a front clip. You'd have less than 1k in fixing it if nothing else came up? Sell it for 3. :dunno:

I'd probably lean more towards keeping it and using it as the MJ donor and parting the rest.

Engines are easy to find. I can't say the same for a good condition front clip.

Picked up an engine candidate for parts, apparently holds oil pressure fine, has broken piston skit #6

with 2 parts engines I'm sure I can make one that runs, we shall see

9178443591_2bf8b7549e_b.jpg

9180660534_60ec16cd54_h.jpg

GL!

Back