• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent frame

levi11

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 cherokee that I bought a little over a year ago. Just over 100k. Clean car fax, very clean inside and out and paint is immaculate. A few month ago I was changing the diff fluid and noticed both rear frame rails were bent right where the hitch bolts to the frame. Also it looks like the rear cargo area has a slight raise on both sides. No one would notice unless I told them. As far as the exterior all the doors and rear hatch line up and I can't find any other damage. My big question is it worth keeping? I just bought a lift for it but now I'm not sure. I looked at stiffening up the rear with some HD Offroad engineering rear frame stiffeners as a start. Or should I get rid of it? Any info would be appreciated.
yqa8e4ug.jpg
first pic is my jeep and the second one is another with no damage.
e4uty3aj.jpg

Probably got rear ended with a ball in the hitch, and the po saw no damahe and never took it in. I would add full stiffeners, and plate the bottom and tie that into the rear stiffeners, and call it done.
probable stop drill, and weld those tears as well

Id plate it and run it.

I had similar damage to my xj from backing into some shotcrete with my 1/4 panel guard on a comp course, only my outer fender bulged out and my frame was accordioned on just one side worse than that. I just whacked the body panel with a mallet and block of wood til it was straight again and kept driving and wheeling it.

Nobody ever noticed since.

Back