• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ lift springs for bastard pack?

Mute9937

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2.5" SUA lift that was taken off my dads YJ and was wondering if using some off these leafs would be work well to modify my factory pack?

I don't want to get a harsh ride but would like maybe a couple inches of lift in the rear; mostly better performance and anti-axle wrap. Both front and rear YJ packs are able to be used if needed. My biggest question would be, which leafs do what?

It should work fine, I know yj guys use xj springs to move their axles back (stretching wheelbase). Either you would have the springs setup off centered or you would have drill new centering holes in spring steel which will be fun. Just stack them in a reversed pyramid and you'd be good. I personally run a long xj add a leaf and a short ford ranger add a leaf in my oe leaf pack along with a 1" lift shackle for 4.5" of lift. I think short springs are stiffer and the long springs are softer so if you stack your spring pack right it should work fine and ride ok.

Thats what I was thinking but was not sure. Thank You, Its my first leaf build and want some opinions and to learn a little bit before i start.

Is there a way to bend the eyelets enough to get a press in them and bend them as needed? I would like to use as much as the leaf as possible.

Back