• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 XJ for sale (possibly)

superdave

NAXJA Forum User
I'll know by the end of the week probably whether I'm selling or not. Some things would need to fall into place. At any rate it's a 97 XJ 4 door, carb'd, cammed 350/700R4 trans, NP 231 t-case. "NEW" 33" BFG Mud Terrains. Trust me, they're practically new. D30/C8.25 with stock 3.55 gears. I took it to Turkey Bay this past weekend and it went wherever I told it to. It does have typical carb issues on hills.

The good: Interior is pretty darn good considering the age. Tires are excellent. Runs very good. Body is pretty good too. Floors are not rusted, it isn't beat to hell. Really only has a couple minor dents/dings.

The bad: needs rear brakes. Trans slips between 2-3 gear. Leaks from various locations, but not bad. New leak started after wheeling and it looks like the seal between trans and t-case. Windshield is cracked. Body is 3 different colors. Custom dash isn't finished yet.

If I keep it, the things I would put high on the list are rear brakes, a fuel injection system and the trans issue. Other than that this is a very solid and reliable XJ. I drive it everywhere and every day. I'll admit my asking price may be a little high, but overall this is a bad muther. Asking price is $4000, but everything is negotiable. Located in NW Tennessee. Text me if interested 731three3five33nine7
0318131300.jpg

jeep8r.jpg

0223131305.jpg

0406131454.jpg

Last edited:
Update: the trans is being rebuilt this week.

Update: Trans is in, works perfectly.

New electric fuel pump, plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor. Nobody wants a V-8 powered rust free XJ?

Tempting, but I need something in the 25 MPG range.

UPDATE: scratch rear brakes off the bad list. All new rear brakes installed. And one less leak as a result.

Bump for lowered price. It would be ideal if this were gone by next Friday. $3500

Bargain basement price drop. $3000

OK, bring your own rims and tires and I'll take $2500 and I keep the 33s

Because it has a carb, it's an oddity, it's 3 different colors, and people want it for free basically. Heck you can buy a used FI setup off ebay or CL for a few hundred bucks and have a truly badass rig that would likely get 15 or more MPG. I've got a Holley 670 cfm 2D TBI setup I'll throw in with the Jeep. I never could get it to work.

Last edited:
SOLD! She's on her way to Corinth, MS

Back