• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overland 1.8 Roof Top Tent

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
I'v had this tent a few years now, and have loved it thus far. However, it's bigger than i need and takes up the entire roof on an XJ or more importantly my new ZJ project. It's the largest offered at 1.8 and slightly larger than a queen size mattress. Fits perfect on an M416 trailer as well.

I'm looking to downsize to either a smaller RTT or possibly going to an OZtent.

This is constructed of heavy canvas, not tent like fabric such as alot of the lesser Chinese sourced RTT's on the market nowadays. You'll get a few decades of use if you take care of it.

Pull into camp and have this setup in under 5 minutes once you get the hang of it, then sit back and enjoy a cold one as your friends panic as they realize they left their tent poles at home... that's actually happened! :icon_cheesygrin:

This retailed for ~$2500 like the other quality RTT's such as Hannibal and Eezi-Awn for this size, i'm asking $1800obo. For full asking price i'll include a new waterproof cover that slips over while it's stowed. The current cover is usable, but has a few patches on it... bike mount broke and fell onto cover leaving a few small holes.

Also, i'm a bigger guy... i ditched the flimsy mattress that comes with this, i prefer a quality air mattress like my Aerobed. My queen size fits well and is much more comfortable and adjustable for firmness. This will also be included in full asking price.

You will need to aquire at least 3 Thule crossbars and gutter mounts.. i had four under this tent and it was solid. I would not suggest less than 3 crossbars. I sold my Thule setup to a friend and are not available.

It's located outside Philadelphia. I'd entertain trades for an OZtent or smaller similar quality RTT.

Heres a few pics.. PM and lets talk. I figure this is enough pics, but i'll get more for a SERIOUS buyer.. i'd have to carry it out from storage and set it up.

DSC_1491.jpg

DSC_1503.jpg

BearRun5-0915.jpg

BearRun5-0936.jpg

NAC-Fest094.jpg

misc15.jpg

BearRun5-0921.jpg

Why did I have to do the responsible thing and pay bills with my tax return.
GLWS

Cover is due in tomorrow, and RTT will be brought out of storage for detailed pics.

The list of those interested is getting smaller.. will be available for pickup this weekend.

Cover is due in tomorrow, and RTT will be brought out of storage for detailed pics.

The list of those interested is getting smaller.. will be available for pickup this weekend.

Did you get more detailed pics? All pm you my email address im interested in this! I was bummed whem I seen it go pending now its back up so my turn lol

Did you get more detailed pics? All pm you my email address im interested in this! I was bummed whem I seen it go pending now its back up so my turn lol

Not yet I haven't. It's buried behind a YJ hardtop, Honda 3wheeler, Scrambler tub and front clip.

What details do you want to see, i'll dig it out for a serious buyer.

My sister lives close to bristol and will be coming here in july

Excellent.. i'll make every attempt to get this out of storage sunday. Should have my son and nephew over for dinner and they can help me get it out.

Sorry for the delay, but tough to do for an old guy alone. It has to be lifted over and walked behind a Scrambler body that's sitting on horses.

Ruger, emailed you.

I'm pulling this off the market for now. Took it from storage on sunday and found a section of the flooring delaminating and allowing the hinge to separate more than it should.. causing this to be unusable in it's current condition.

I have an email in to the importers, see if a replacement piece is easily attainable or if it needs to come in from Italy.

Also checking into seeing how to replace this with local purchased materials. It could be fixed by removing some screws/bolts but I wouldn't want to sell in it's current condition.. i'll fix it first.

Back