• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charity Poker run-sat Nov 10 Ocotillo/Truckhaven

kayle666

NAXJA Forum User
Hello So Cal!

So as a few of you know September 27 2010 I lost my 26 year old wife to melanoma. I decided that the best way to honor her memory was to start a 501-c3 non profit to help terminally ill melanoma patients. We have had a few indoor soccer tournaments in Torrance, a few music shows in the LBC and now will be the very first poker run!

So the details of the run as of now are as follows.

being the charity's first run its going to be VERY basic. Start is at 4x4 training center, off to tether ball, notches, phone booth and back to 4x4 training center for results,food and raffle.

price is $20 per vehicle $5 per additional dinner $5 per additional hand.
best hand, runner up and worst hand get prizes, hoping to be able to get 3rd place as well info to come as i get things figured out.

im trying desperately to get prize donations and raffle prizes and will be posting up what im able to score as it becomes donated.

food is going to be very basic for the first run, chili dogs, sodas and some kind of side. we will be having a keg of some sort as well for the adults.

so far i have two field marshal's that will be sweeping after the participants to make sure everyone makes it back safe and sound.
The two clubs helping me so far are Creeps "n" jeeps and Inland Jeep Freeks, i would love to have NAXJA there as well.
now about my charity,
www.michellecaresfoundation.org
facebook-http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michelle-Renee-Simonson-Melanoma-Foundation/265370093491689
forgive me as both sites are under construction and need some work.
our goal is a 4 pronged attack. i want to help support the oncology center that treated Michelle, I want to provide financial assistance for terminally ill melanoma patients for end of life expenses, provide direct funding to melanoma research, and eventually provide transportation for melanoma patients for medical appointments.

you all are the first place i have posted the run! the website and face book page will be announced in the next week.

Any questions please feel free to ask! i hope to have a great turn out to have some fun raise some awareness and help a great cause!

Thanks in advance,
Kayle

Last edited:
Sir you can count me an a couple of my friends to show. Please keep folks updated on this as the date comes up.

Maybe you can talk to jeeperjohn/naxja and see if he/they can help in anyway

Thanks a lot scott i will be harrasing John lol, and i thank you for coming out, i can finally have a beer with you!

Here we finally have something our club can get behind and show what we are made of. Let's help and make this happen.
With all the drama going on here lately, this would be a great opportunity to really stand together as a club and show our support for a good cause.

Kayle, me and my family will be there to support you in any way possible.
Let me know how we can help to make this a Success.

Kayle, what date are you thinking about for this event?

Thanks everyone! And I totally forgot the date that would be Saturday November 10th at 10 a.m. sorry I forgot! I'm kind of an idiot lol :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! And I totally forgot the date that would be Saturday November 10th at 10 a.m. sorry I forgot! I'm kind of an idiot lol :rolleyes:

You didn't forget, it's in the thread title. :eyes:

Okay, Nov 10th. Just added to the calendar.

wish I had a jeep to go to this, anyone got dirt bike tires for a street bike?

did i miss something with your jeep?

Yes, he wouldn't listen to me awhile ago and now it is broke.1 day he'll learn:guitar:. I offered to help him a few times to help fix it, just like i did the other one that had a tranny problem.WE found out what was wrong with it and he is still driving his, but tone wouldn't hear any of this from us.What do we know.:laugh2:

Back