NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old July 13th, 2012, 19:49
NAXJA Forum Supporter

1987 Wagoneer XJ Limited - Trim color?

The previous owner re-painted the trim in a lighter color. Does anyone have photos of the original color? Or know the (wood-grain) trim color/color-number? Thanks!

My photo:

2007 Jeep Liberty ~ 2007 Jeep Commander ~ 2008 Jeep SRT
Old July 13th, 2012, 22:30
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 1987 Wagoneer XJ Limited - Trim color?

I've got the original sales prospect from Jeep (87), what you have looks pretty darned close to what I can make out in the brochure.

I tried scanning it for you, but the colors messed up a bit and it lost some resolution in the scan. A waste of bandwidth posting my scan.

If you are a serious restorer, private message me and I can likely send you the brochure.
Old July 14th, 2012, 06:22
NAXJA Forum Supporter

PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Mud View Post
I've got the original sales prospect from Jeep (87), what you have looks pretty darned close to what I can make out in the brochure.

I tried scanning it for you, but the colors messed up a bit and it lost some resolution in the scan. A waste of bandwidth posting my scan.

If you are a serious restorer, private message me and I can likely send you the brochure.
Old July 14th, 2012, 13:42
NAXJA Forum User

Note from DJ
This old post tells you where to look for your paint code sticker
Paint Code Info on 88XJ
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6170
Old July 14th, 2012, 22:53
NAXJA Forum User

For some reason I am unable to send you a private message, I get a trouble box that say you have your PM turned off.

Here is my attempted PM to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Clapper
I am a serious restorer! Here's a link to a build of my GW I just finished: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=143870

I would very much appreciate any/all information for my XJ such as you referenced. I'm also looking for the accessories catalog for the same if you have any leads. Thanks! Crist
87 was the first year of of a new series (I know you know that), it was a transition year and Jeep really didn't have it all together. I don't think they ever did come out with an 87 FSM, just an 86 FSM with 87 appendixes.

What I have is a 87 sales brochure, but with mostly 86 info. I ordered my 87 before production. Up to date info and literature was scarce.

You are welcome to it, if you are interested. Just give (PM) me your address and I'll mail it. You can send one of my daughters, that lives near you, the postage when you get it.

Most guys that restore and show like to have some literature to display with there projects. But like I say, the Brochure I have has 86 specifications.

I seem to remember the top stripe of the pin stripping being kid of a red, but that may be model specific or even color specific. The pictures in the 86 Brochure seem to match your pin stripe colors.

I'm living in Germany, so the Postage is likely to be a little high, but not obscene. The sales brochure I have isn't mint but in pretty good shape for being 25 years old.

Chuck

I really don't know what the issue is with the PM????

EcoMike has my E-mail

You don't want to give the critters any more info than you have to, there are some critters around.
Old July 15th, 2012, 17:11
NAXJA Forum Supporter

Much thanks for the help!

I think the PM problem was my fault... Still getting used to the site's settings.

I was able to secure a 1987 Jeep dealer's brochure.

So I'm whole for now. But if you come across an accessories catalog for the same... Let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Mud View Post
For some reason I am unable to send you a private message, I get a trouble box that say you have your PM turned off.

Here is my attempted PM to you.

87 was the first year of of a new series (I know you know that), it was a transition year and Jeep really didn't have it all together. I don't think they ever did come out with an 87 FSM, just an 86 FSM with 87 appendixes.

What I have is a 87 sales brochure, but with mostly 86 info. I ordered my 87 before production. Up to date info and literature was scarce.

You are welcome to it, if you are interested. Just give (PM) me your address and I'll mail it. You can send one of my daughters, that lives near you, the postage when you get it.

Most guys that restore and show like to have some literature to display with there projects. But like I say, the Brochure I have has 86 specifications.

I seem to remember the top stripe of the pin stripping being kid of a red, but that may be model specific or even color specific. The pictures in the 86 Brochure seem to match your pin stripe colors.

I'm living in Germany, so the Postage is likely to be a little high, but not obscene. The sales brochure I have isn't mint but in pretty good shape for being 25 years old.

Chuck

I really don't know what the issue is with the PM????

EcoMike has my E-mail

You don't want to give the critters any more info than you have to, there are some critters around.