• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO Chapter Rubicon Run

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm tossing out the idea of organizing a CO chapter trip to the Rubicon Trail in California. I think many of us would like to do that trail. My thought is that if enough of us make a firm commitment to a date in the future, we can talk to the Sierra Chapter to help out with the arrangements, trail leading, whatever.

I think it's going to be difficult to get firm commitments for something that's probably a year in the future, but who knows? It's got to be more fun than Buena Vista. :flipoff:

So lets's see how much interest there is. Post up.

Cut out the fu fu coffee and put a couple of bucks in the piggy bank a day.

Went to the Rubicon Trail foundation. This is what they recommend:

If you have the driving skills, a brand new stock
Wrangler can be driven through the Rubicon, taking
the bypasses. Most people should expect sheet metal
damage, at a minimum. Larger tires (33”), a lift kit
(3”), body protection (rocker guards) and a locking
or limited slip differential should be considered to
prevent damage.

Along with NAXJA's usual requirements.

I think a lot of us are, it's just the knowing in advance that is the problem. :)

I would go, depending on dates! And how much the economy sucks a year from now!

I posted in the Sierra chapter asking for suggetions for dates. I'm thinking next summer some time. :dunno:

Job situations always put things up in the air for me. I would hope to be able to go but no guarantees as of now.

this would be fun. I doubt I'd be able to go this year or next due to time off of work. The rest of my vacay for this year is used up, and its already sounding like my vacay for next year is committed too. I imagine this would be roughly a week long trip?

I'd plan a week between travel, maybe a side trip, and return. The trail can be done in 2 I believe, but I'd plan on 3 days on the trail so we can make the most of it.

We know who you're voting for.......

Oh no imma vote for the guy who had to come use up our already overtaxed law enforcement resources for a Gal Darn campaign stop! He my guy for sure.... I'm all about socialized medicine,and spending all the money we can
Print! He's my guy for
Sure! But I'm def gonna start saving now for the rubi trip!

Back