• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

X-Factor... 2001 XJ Build

XFACTOR

NAXJA Forum User
thanks for checking out my thread
wootrock.gif
thought it was time to start a build thread on my XJ... goal of this build is expedition!! keep it light weight but yet capable.... this is my first rig so looking for critics and gurus to throw in there two cents!! feel free to comment or criticise on the project!! always like to hear what people got to say!!!

here's a run down of what i have done so far.. and a link to a thread i did on the JK axle swap

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1080605
http://www.bcjeepclub.ca/index.php?topic=17270.0

DONE
- JK D30/44 swap
- rough country long arm lift
- rear shock lift
- u bolt eliminator
- rear truss
- bushwacker flat style flares
- anzo head lights
- tow hitch

TO DO
- 33" or 35" tires
- front and rear bumpers
- rock sliders
- winch
- fog lights
- snorkel
- body and paint... color to be determined
- stereo, gps, cb
- slip yoke eliminator
- cv drive shaft
- gusset and truss the D30
- gears and lockers
- diff guards
- control arm skids
- rear leaf plates / bump stops
- front bump stops
- bucket seats
- half doors
- tire carrier

1.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
so one of the first things i did after i bought the truck was decide to rid myself of the axles that it came with and line up a lift for it.. after hours of geeking out on the computer i found a lift that suited my needs and was offered at a reasonable price compared to some other kits on the market... i ended up buying the rough country 4.5" long arm lift with new leafs and then added rough country lift shackles which give you up to 2" of extra lift depending on which hole is used.. the only mod i had to make to the lift kit was drilling out the upper control arms on the diff end to take larger hardware, the JK axles use larger bolts on the upper arms than the XJ.

heres a few high lights of the lift install!

125.jpg

128.jpg

141.jpg

146.jpg

154.jpg

158.jpg

Last edited:
since one of the perks of the JK axle swap was rear disc brakes, i had to make up some custom lines for the back.. when i make new leaf spring plates, im gonna make some clips to hold back the brake lines..

183.jpg

i also moved the lower track bar mount in by couple inches after my track bar failed flexing on a hill behind my place.. the heim joint was holding on by two threads and ripped out... seemed like the track bar was to short for my aplication.. not gonna blame rough country because it could have something to do with the swap... none the less, short of buying a new track bar, this seemed much easier and a quick fix!!

194.jpg

195.jpg

196.jpg

Last edited:
with no anchor point to tow with in the back and no way to get my dirt bike around, i needed a trailer hitch... and after looking around i wasnt impressed with what was available... most hitches hung low and hindered departure angle. so i made one!! this is the real hiden hitch
wootrock.gif
not just a sticker lol im gonna get a d ring to use for recovery...

274.jpg

i used the stock bumper mounting to bolt in the hitch from the back, 4 bolts per side, and 4, grade 8, 9/16" bolts per side from the bottom..

267.jpg

268.jpg

269.jpg

270.jpg

Nice hidden hitch. I have a very similar design on paper, but I was going to put plates on the end of the 2x4 to attach oem skin then have outer plates much like the detours tailbone. This way, keep light weight, add strength and tire carrier without obstructing tail lights..

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!:cheers:

man, that hidden hitch is AWESOME! i would love to do that too. could you post up measurements? or pm them? (if you have them handy)
i have the numbers writen down somewhere... ill post them up with a little write up... this was by no means a bolt on though but ill get into the details of that when i find my measurements!!!

Back