• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

almost 500 hp NA 2.5

That guy is delusional. I'd only believe those numbers if it was TT'd and could rev to 7K.

only XXXXXXs run nitro meth

Vin-Diesel-on-set-of-Fast-Five-.jpg

Bahahahaha! DENIAL MUCH?

Not saying that they did it or themselves have the skills but it is possible.
Bisimoto has a 455hp 2.2 Honda all motor. Not saying its worth the work or drive able but it could possibl be done. If you where a guy with too much time on your hands and some damn good brains. And skills and some money.

Hondas are also alot easier of a motor to build, alot more support and technology. If you read his spec He's talking a stock 4.0 throttle body, No where near large enough of a bore to allow the aspiration a such motor would need. Also one post he's talking about methane (not nitro methane) Methane aka C1 is natural gas. Then a little late ron he says it's methanol lol.

If you're going to drop a few grand on a nitromethane motor for your Jeep, pick the smallest engine offered... I guess...

He's saying it has methanol injection. If for some reason he is cutting the fuel with nito methane. It better be full time methanol for the fact that nito methane does not work well with any other fuel. His facts just don't add up so I posted here to see what yall think, true or false lol.

He is either trolling or retarded. I can't tell which

I guess ill go with "stupid" then

"Bored to 3 liters" 500ccs out of 4 cylinders? Just by the bore? No stroke? Hard to swallow, that is. He would need to add 0.400" to the bore. So, that would thin the water jacket by .400 between the cylinders. Anyone know just how much room there actually is?

2.5L Specs:
Bore and Stroke... 98.40mm x 81.00mm (3.88 x 3.19 inch)
4.0L Specs:
Bore and Stroke... 98.40mm x 86.69mm (3.88 x 3.413 inch)
4.2L Specs:
Bore and Stroke... 95.00mm x 98.90mm (3.75 x 3.895 inch)

We get 500ccs from the 4.2 crank as it adds 12.21mm (0.482 inch) to the stroke of 6 cylinders. To get to 4.6L you over bore to 0.060 pistons and for a 4.7L it is a 0.080 over bore.

The NA F1 2.4L V-8 engine will make in the neighbourhood of 800hp at the crank. At 18,000rpm.

Back