NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old November 17th, 2011, 17:09
Member# 3846

Trackbar review?

I am lifting my jeep soon to 5 inches so i will need to get an aftermarket track bar. Any suggestions? There are a lot of mix reviews out there. What do you ride with?
Thanks
Old November 17th, 2011, 18:07
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Trackbar review?

Anything with the modified bracket is best.

Im brain farting on what the other style mount is called right now but I am sure someone will come in with the name.

I had the RE extreme duty TB and loved it.
Old November 17th, 2011, 18:35
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharlanjr View Post
Anything with the modified bracket is best.

Im brain farting on what the other style mount is called right now but I am sure someone will come in with the name.

I had the RE extreme duty TB and loved it.
Single sheer and double sheer TB mounts?
Old November 17th, 2011, 18:49
NAXJA Forum User

many who go slow will say anything but rustys, in a double shear mount.

those of us who go fast... will say 'stay away from x, y, and z'. xy&z being the brands of which we've broken. in my case full traction and rubicon express.

personally i like my TnT.
Old November 17th, 2011, 20:02
NAXJA Forum User

I had a Rusty's one, and while everyone will bash it, it worked fine for me. I didn't wheel hard though. I also had a TNT Customs one that was way too large for my rig so I never used it, but I can honestly say it was probably the best trackbar money could buy. It makes a Rusty's trackbar look like it was made from toothpicks.
Old November 17th, 2011, 20:13
NAXJA Supporting Vendor

Rock Krawler.
All your drivetrain And Jeep needs at a Discount! Call us for all your drivetrain & Jeep accessorry needs. If it is for a Jeep we can get it for less and with superior service. Yukon, USA Standard, Motive, Ten factory, Detroit, ARB, Teraflex, Rock Krawler & A LOT MORE..
All items ship FAST! ~ http://www.rwkhaussupply.com ~ Robert@RWKHausSupply.com Free shipping on Rock Krawler kits. Dana 30 no question asked 1yr warranty axle kits FOR LESS!
Old November 17th, 2011, 20:29
NAXJA Member

There's gonna be mixed reviews in just this thread..haha

I never had a problem with Rusty's bar with the 3" lift I ran, but the TRE mounted in that fashion would get trashed in a run or two.
The JKS trackbar was a work of art, and I never wore out the Johnny Joint. The jam nut on one of mine loosened mid-run and the threads were thrashed in short order. Totally my fault.
The TNT bracket didn't fit for crap and neither did the bar. I re-worked that junk, then bent the trackbar on the Rubicon. It bent easily. I don't want to revive any of that bs, let's just hope they're building them better nowadays.
The RE HD bracket fit perfect and so did the trackbar and brace. The poly bushing and flex joint haven't worn out.
I put my rig through a mix of everything, from Sledgehammer to the dunes, as fast as it can churn the little 35's..
Old November 18th, 2011, 07:15
Member# 3846

Awesome, thanks for the feed back so far. Yeah mixed reviews here as well but i wanted to see what naxja members had to say. Its all helpful.
Has anyone used Iron Rock?
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:40
NAXJA Supporting Vendor

Rock Krawler has one that uses a very nice bracket (double sheer) and a solid 1.25" trackbar.
All your drivetrain And Jeep needs at a Discount! Call us for all your drivetrain & Jeep accessorry needs. If it is for a Jeep we can get it for less and with superior service. Yukon, USA Standard, Motive, Ten factory, Detroit, ARB, Teraflex, Rock Krawler & A LOT MORE..
All items ship FAST! ~ http://www.rwkhaussupply.com ~ Robert@RWKHausSupply.com Free shipping on Rock Krawler kits. Dana 30 no question asked 1yr warranty axle kits FOR LESS!
Old November 18th, 2011, 09:21
Member# 3846

Looked into the RK bar... way sweet. But check this link out...
RE vs Rock Krawler track bar:

http://www.tjhardcore.com/rock_krawler.html

What a difference!!!
Old November 18th, 2011, 09:29
NAXJA Supporting Vendor

if we werent running a rockjock w odd steering on our stock class KOH XJ, I would run thier full trackbar and bracket. But currently we are running thier bracket and hiem.
Old November 18th, 2011, 09:55
NAXJA Forum User

I would definately be running rock krawler if i didnt build my own

i wouldnt even consider anything that uses the factory size 10mm bolts. breaking trackbar bolts sucks.

even if you think you are doing light wheeling. you never know what you are going to get into in the future and the extra $50 or whatever will be well worth it in the long run.
Old November 18th, 2011, 11:32
NAXJA Forum User

i originally had they RE track bar that worked with the stock bracket. it wallowed out over time and i was constantly retorquing it. finally, i decided to get a double sheer bracket. because the heim at the frame end uses a misalignment spacer, it was all a bolt in conversion.
Old November 19th, 2011, 07:39
NAXJA Forum User

Clayton FTW. I love my clayton trac bar, no issues what so ever.
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:33
NAXJA Member

IronRockOffroad double sheer here and no complaints. It is built well and had good service from IRO, price is decent also.