• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

!!NEW!! ORS High Clearance XJ Winch Bumpers

Action Fab

NAXJA Forum User
Finally its here!

img019ko.jpg

img022z.jpg

ORS is proud to be the first to bring a bolt on bumper to market that allows customers to mount their winch below the radiator in their XJ's and MJ's. This bumper offers more ground clearance and a better approach angle than any bumper offered for the 87-01 XJ or MJ. Weighing about the same as a 30 pack of beer, this bumper won’t weigh down your suspension either. Not only is it light weight it's very strong. These bumpers are designed to mounting into the front frame horns with 18 bolts through existing frame holes. It works as more than a bumper too... It's also a steering box brace and front cross member. Made from 3/16 steel it will keep the front of your unibody intact and crack free.

Currently I have 4 variations
A) Blank bumper (with out winch mounting holes or cable opening.)
$255 shipped
B) Comp winch (6x4.5 bolt pattern)
$275 shipped
c) Non integrated winch
$275 shipped
D) Integrated winch (this bumper will decrease to your approach angle and stick out past your grill about 2.5")
$295 shipped

Here are some pics of my non integrated prototype mounted on a 2000 XJ
with an M8000.
All bumpers now have the shackle mounts like those pictured above on the comp winch bumper.

img6417db.jpg

img6429c.jpg

I offset the winch mount to make sure all popular brands clear the steering box. If you want to try to center yours further, buy "Style (A) Blank"
img6428h.jpg

This bumper offers more clearance then your stock bumper.
img6445sb.jpg

img6441h.jpg

img6430y.jpg

Here is the "blank" bumper
img6397n.jpg

img6396c.jpg

YOU MUST USE AN ARB STYLE HAWSE or redrill your steel hawse.
I hand build each of these in my shop and can make any custom modifications needed for an additional fee. Also since each of these is hand built here in house...
Please allow up to 10 days for me to build your bumper and have it shipped.

Also in the works are modular wings that will bolt onto the end of the bumper. This will bring the bumper from the "stubby" bumper out to a "full width" bumper, protecting the lights and fenders. I am also working on some grill hoops and light bars that will be able to be bolted onto the front for added protection. Over the next year I hope to bring a full line of "accessories" to the market that will mount onto this base and allow the owner to customize their bumper as their needs change or money allows.

THE BELOWE IMAGES ARE OF PROTOTYPES AND MY VERY FROM THE END PRODUCT

Here is my "Wing" prototype

img027t.jpg

img024l.jpg

img024l.jpg

Here is the first prototype mounted on my test vehicle. This one is differant than the one above.

img6402a.jpg

There are some previsions that I need to make before a ramsey winch will mount so if you wish to use a ramsey, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome idea. If I didn't already have a big bumper, this is a great starting point for a nice custom setup with an amazing approach angle.

Edit: Looked at the pictures harder this time. Are you offering that bumper with those sleeves for the steering bolts and the inside plate to match? Sweet idea. So I guess you just drill out the stock holes a bit for the sleeves and bolt it all up?

No, I am going to offer that as an option... They will come with the plate for the passenger side, but the driver side uses the stock inner box mount and bolt/sleeve system. Like I said I have the capabilities to do anything as an option but for the prices advertised you will only recieve a passenger plate.

Thanks for the complement. I think my bumpers are an awsome addition to to the already growing market of XJ/MJ products. I hope to see more of these on the trails soon. I have had these take off pretty well localy and already have orders nation wide for bumpers off of other forum sales. So its looking like more than just you and I like the design. :cool:

Chris

One cool thing is that if you are worried about protecting your lights now... maybe due to it being your DD. But you know in the future your jeep will be a hard core trail rig. This bumper will be easy to modify to suit your needs. For instance when you want a stubby bumper later down the road. The wings will come off with only a few bolts, making big tires and outer approach angles a non-issue.

Did you drill 2 extra holes in the fairlead to run the winch bolts through? Whatever works I guess haha.

Only thing that worries me slightly is that the bumper doesn't stick out at all beyond the grille. As shown from your side pic, if you happen to run into something, it'll just bash up the grill and possibly your fairlead if you hit a rock, tree or whatever. I'd probably want mine to stick out maybe an inch or two to protect all the plastic on the front end, at least right underneath the grille. Maybe make the front face slanted to achieve this. But again, I'm sure that's all stuff you could do custom.

Stealing from StarboardM's thread:

44332_10150225380815234_748960233_14128304_534790_n.jpg

75819_466288289889_563914889_5280069_2189692_n.jpg

:cool:

These bumpers rock, I can't wait for the integrated version since I run a 9.5ti now!

-Alex

Did you drill 2 extra holes in the fairlead to run the winch bolts through? Whatever works I guess haha.

Only thing that worries me slightly is that the bumper doesn't stick out at all beyond the grille. As shown from your side pic, if you happen to run into something, it'll just bash up the grill and possibly your fairlead if you hit a rock, tree or whatever. I'd probably want mine to stick out maybe an inch or two to protect all the plastic on the front end, at least right underneath the grille. Maybe make the front face slanted to achieve this. But again, I'm sure that's all stuff you could do custom.

The fairlead in those pics was redrilled to mount through with the winch bolts. I am working with a very respectable company now to try and bring a fairlead to market that is designed spesificly for this bumper... So look for that in the comming month.

Also... If grill protection is a must. I do offer the "Integrated" bumper which offers plenty of protection. This bumper will work with any popular integrated or non integrated winch. I have one in the shop that is for Alex at Master-Pull, that once I mount it up on a jeep today, I'll post some pics.

There isn't much of a way to slant the face of the bumper. The front face is the mounting plate for the winch so as it is angled the winch will rotate up and interfere with the radiator.

This winch bumper was designed for the hardcore crowd. I have made alterations to appeal to a larger market. And like you said if there is something you aren't in love with about my bumpers, I have no problem making a "custom" variation for you.

Another thing to consider is the differant grill hoops and pre-runner bars that will soon be available... (3-6 months). This is a growing product and has a long list of add ons coming coming to market, so if there is somthing you would like to see made available let me know... I'll make it more of a priority.

Thanks for all the kind words and please feel free to coment, PM or call me with any further questions.

Thank you,
Chris.

Ordered mine last weekend, needed the clearance this bumper offers and couldn't beat the price. Chris just got a hold of me and said it was built and ready to ship. If it is of the same quality as his jeep builds I know I'll be stoked. Will post up some picks once I get my mitts on it.

The fairlead in those pics was redrilled to mount through with the winch bolts. I am working with a very respectable company now to try and bring a fairlead to market that is designed spesificly for this bumper... So look for that in the comming month.

Also... If grill protection is a must. I do offer the "Integrated" bumper which offers plenty of protection. This bumper will work with any popular integrated or non integrated winch. I have one in the shop that is for Alex at Master-Pull, that once I mount it up on a jeep today, I'll post some pics.

There isn't much of a way to slant the face of the bumper. The front face is the mounting plate for the winch so as it is angled the winch will rotate up and interfere with the radiator.

This winch bumper was designed for the hardcore crowd. I have made alterations to appeal to a larger market. And like you said if there is something you aren't in love with about my bumpers, I have no problem making a "custom" variation for you.

Another thing to consider is the differant grill hoops and pre-runner bars that will soon be available... (3-6 months). This is a growing product and has a long list of add ons coming coming to market, so if there is somthing you would like to see made available let me know... I'll make it more of a priority.

Thanks for all the kind words and please feel free to coment, PM or call me with any further questions.

Thank you,
Chris.

Sounds great dude. It's nice to have constant communication with a small fab shop like yourself on the forum. Really makes me think about ditching my current bumper and snagging one of yours since the design and function is perfect.

It's awesome to see another vendor supporting the XJ community, not to mention one that does such great fab work (seen your builds on pirate :greensmok)

Last edited:
Sounds great dude. It's nice to have constant communication with a small fab shop like yourself on the forum.

It's awesome to see another vendor supporting the XJ community. :greensmok

This is just the start and though it may take me a little time. I have a list of new products to bring to market. I'm a one man operation, so it may take some time for R&D. But ORS will be a staple in the unibody world.

Thanks for the props...
Chris

Wings will be available the 30th. The batch of "test" wings ship monday... As soon as I get the ok from my "testers" that fitment is dead on, they will be available.

Prices and pictures will be available very soon.

-Chris.

how much for the blank with the inner plate for the steering box?

i need steering box help since these tow hooks arent doing a damn thing for me. and i like the price and functionality of this bumper.

Stealing from StarboardM's thread:

44332_10150225380815234_748960233_14128304_534790_n.jpg

75819_466288289889_563914889_5280069_2189692_n.jpg

can u build a bumper like this stickign out an inch or two past the grill? also what would be a approx price im in afghan right now looking to pick up a bumper before i get back :spin1:

Thank you,
Chris.
Close. Bumper is bolted on from the bottom, so I just drilled holes for the fairlead in the face of the bumper.

Note the massive (heavy:eek:) 1/4'' plate on the bottom with the winch bolted to it.
008.jpg

I originally wanted the winch to bolt up with the feet forward, but I just couldnt quite get everything to work together.

can u build a bumper like this stickign out an inch or two past the grill? also what would be a approx price im in afghan right now looking to pick up a bumper before i get back :spin1:
My bumper is mainly tube, with some plate thrown in. Im sure ActionFab can do it (If you havent seen his build threads, they are amazing), but Im sure they are going to be more expensive than the ones listed in this thread.

Its good to see a new vendor with some good products. Cant wait to see what you bring to the table!

Close. Bumper is bolted on from the bottom, so I just drilled holes for the fairlead in the face of the bumper.

Note the massive (heavy:eek:) 1/4'' plate on the bottom with the winch bolted to it.
008.jpg

I originally wanted the winch to bolt up with the feet forward, but I just couldnt quite get everything to work together.

My bumper is mainly tube, with some plate thrown in. Im sure ActionFab can do it (If you havent seen his build threads, they are amazing), but Im sure they are going to be more expensive than the ones listed in this thread.

Its good to see a new vendor with some good products. Cant wait to see what you bring to the table!

Wanna build another one :-D

I designed this bumber with the idea that an integrated winch could be used with eather or. But I also wanted to make the bumper available to the guys that wanted the most clearance possibe. For this reason the winch feet facing forward was the only option.

If you are asking if I can build a tube baced bumper that mounts the winch feet down and is full grill width and bolts on just like mine do... well yes and I can honestly build any bumper for any vehicle using any design. But as stated, it will not be in the same price point as my bumpers. As with any custome one off peace there is a lot of design work and variables that add labor time. My bumpers are precut and jig built saving me time and allowing me to price this low... I will PM you a price.

As for an inner steering box plate. I can add one to any bumper for an extra $35.

Back