• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Cherokee fuel check valve test n fix SPOBI

Re: Jeep Cherokee fuel check valve test n fix

Was working on a 98 today w/ same issue and a hard start is the symptom. I'm gonna drop his tank and replace the filter socks and pressure regulator w/ the check valve. I'd rather not create a break in the hard line for a customer(he just paid 8K for the 2dr w/ 30K--pristine!), but kudos on the fix.

hate to tell you but the check valve fix doesn't work on 97 ups. why? because when the car is off the pressure will build up in the system to 120psi plus and blow the fuel damper on the rail or the hose that connects to the rail.

it does however work great on xj's with the return fuel line.

i have extensive experience with this on my 99. mike

Um it does work cause I've been using it just fine and there's a Tom of people who have done same thing with no problem

There's over ten threads 98 99 97 jeeps and everyone on here recommended the valve. So I did it and works great

So x99j: I guess when you shut the vehicle off, the fuel boils(anyone seen those p0303/0304 misfires and stumble start issues?) and the pressure wants to be released a bit--the stock pressure regulator w/ check valve allows some fuel back in the tank over a certain psi, but this added check valve doesn't?

well good but... it took mine 5 days to blow and almost burn the jeep to the ground. i got a new fuel rail and verified what was happening with a fuel pressure guage! good luck! mike

Yea it does release fuel watch my video it goes over 40 and drops to 30's and holds it does not stay above 40 psi it does bleed back some

So x99j: I guess when you shut the vehicle off, the fuel boils(anyone seen those p0303/0304 misfires and stumble start issues?) and the pressure wants to be released a bit--the stock pressure regulator w/ check valve allows some fuel back in the tank over a certain psi, but this added check valve doesn't?
correct the bmw check valve lets nothing back through the 97 and ups one fuel line, hence the twice than normal pressue after sitting. mine also did this in july so heat could have of made the problem even worse. mike

Idk fires right up no stutter plugs r clean. So how did it's blow up

Last edited:

Gimme one hr I'm redoin thread an bid description I wasn't informed right my line blew off lol. Thanks for update.

this is gay how do you edit main thread? Please delete im making new one

Back