• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My New Rig

SUA SPONTE

NAXJA Forum User
Would like to thank John And the guys for taking the time to go over the rig for me.
It is a 1998 ram 2500 12v cummins. The list of planned mods is extensive, but to start with it is going to get a WVO kit from frybrid.
Hey Jeremy, I hear you you make a pretty nice bumper.... What will it take for you to fab up something for the front?

f2e497a2.jpg

cb6dfb95.jpg

f5ecd8d7.jpg

8c839b69.jpg

Last edited:
Manual trans? I am looking for a rig like this too, seems like they want a mint for them though

Manual trans? I am looking for a rig like this too, seems like they want a mint for them though

No its an auto. My criteria was short bed quad cab with the manual trans. When the auto goes ill make it a manual. I have been searching on and off for this rig for 2 years
I almost got one for 1500 that had been wrecked. I was first in line but some guy camped out for 2 nights at the wrecking yard with a trailer and got it. I have seen these go for 14 k and up. twice the budget I had to work with. The one pictured was purchased at an auction and im sure the sellers made a dollar or two off me, but I got EXACTLY the truck I wanted.

Problems so far:
Oil pressure gauge will fall to zero randomly(as my hair stands up) and then jump back to normal readings, usually when coming to a stop.

Over Drive button on the column doesnt work. Stuck in O.D.

Cruise Doesnt turn On

Blower motor for HVAC controls is not working

trans doesnt shift very smooth.

A girl asked me why I spent as much as I did for, "half a truck"

My dad thought I was"out of my mind" for buying something with 220k on it.
I guess they just dont understand how rare this truck is!

Not really rare, but more hard to find cause everyone keeps them haha.

I'm set on a manual only, and I'd really like a 24valve with the 6speed manual. The flatbed thing I've been waffling on. Also looking at the late 90's ford powerstroke with a manual. They're a bunch cheaper.

I would look at the fuses first, and then check power to the units that dont work. Also sounds like a short in the oil gauge or sender? Jeeps and Dodge are so the same, your going to empty your pocket either way :rof:

Not really rare, but more hard to find cause everyone keeps them haha.

I'm set on a manual only, and I'd really like a 24valve with the 6speed manual. The flatbed thing I've been waffling on. Also looking at the late 90's ford powerstroke with a manual. They're a bunch cheaper.

I would look at the fuses first, and then check power to the units that dont work. Also sounds like a short in the oil gauge or sender? Jeeps and Dodge are so the same, your going to empty your pocket either way :rof:

Only being made for 6 months is rare enough for me;) I was(am) set on a manual, but that I can do myself. I would not be able to make it a short box, or make it a quad cab, but the trans I can, and will do.
If im not satisfied with its wheeling ability At least now I have a tow rig...........wishing my pockets were deeper.

Glad you ended up with it Tom!

The blower motor isn't getting power to it, so the problem is upstream... either the blower motor resistor or the switch itself.

Trans. shifted normally to me..... could it just be that you're not used to it?

Oil pressure is a common problem on those, it's just a bad sending unit. Buy new OEM one (from dealer).

Nice truck! Can't go wrong with a Cummins.

Hey Jeremy, I hear you you make a pretty nice bumper.... What will it take for you to fab up something for the front?

My plate is pretty full for most of the summer. I might be able to build something towards the end of the year if you're interested.

I have a 12v 97' CC long bed with the auto.. I love it. I did rebuild the auto right @ 170K. If you rebuild (upgrade) the auto tranny you'd be fine when the time comes. If you are towing more then 10K then the manual is the better way to go imo. The 12V's have a superior fuel delivery system over the 24V's. The 12v's are king when it comes to reliability and ease to work on too.
Just my .02 and congrats on the Dodge!

Quad cab with the 4 doors started in 98, they also switched to the 24 valve in 98. So a 12 valve QC is hard to come by since they were only made for half a year.

The Killer Dowel Pin is a pretty major problem. Worst case is a pretty messed up timing case. That pin ,bouncing around in there, can wreak a lot of havoc.

Grats on the new truck :)

Back