• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is this a RENIX flywheel?

avnsteve

NAXJA Forum User
IMG_8689.jpg

IMG_8690.jpg

IMG_8691.jpg

IMG_8692.jpg

IMG_8693.jpg

IMG_8694.jpg

there are 20 teeth between each gap, so 3 gaps, 60 teeth

and overall on the starter ring there are 164 teeth

I just had my tranny out of my 87 Renix. It only has four torque converter bolt holes in the flywheel. Yours seems to have at least six.

I don't know if that info helps you at all though.

I just had my tranny out of my 87 Renix. It only has four torque converter bolt holes in the flywheel. Yours seems to have at least six.

I don't know if that info helps you at all though.

Your automatic has a flexplate (not a flywheel), which would indeed have 4 bolts for the torque converter and 6 holes for where it bolts to the crank.

This is a picture of a flywheel which would be used with a manual tranny. The threaded bolt holes around the edge would be where the clutch bolts on.

Your automatic has a flexplate (not a flywheel), which would indeed have 4 bolts for the torque converter and 6 holes for where it bolts to the crank.

This is a picture of a flywheel which would be used with a manual tranny. The threaded bolt holes around the edge would be where the clutch bolts on.

That makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks for clearing it up.

Back